Chapter Twenty-Seven: Monster's Are Real

Rikki's POV:
Kael's whole body tensed up when I mentioned my dad. But we have to talk about him, I have to know where he is and why he is doing this.

"I don't want us to talk about him!"

He hissed I know he doesn't mean to sound harsh towards me but he really hates my dad for what he did.

"Please Kael. Please Knight."

He just sighed as he brought me closer to him.

'He was really broken without us Rik. You need to get him to tell you about it before you talk about Him.'

I took a deep breath before looking up at him. He looked so sad and afraid which brought tears to my eyes.

"Kael?"

He looked down at me with tears rolling down his face.

"I'm sorry Little Wolf, I'm sorry."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. I have never seen him this broken before not even when Kilah got shot.

"Sssshhhh. It's okay, I'm sorry Kael. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you Knight. Please tell me what happened, when I was you know."

He looked up and took a deep breath before looking down at me and holding me tight like I was going to disappear.

"I..I"

In that split second he bursted into tears. I have never seen this side of him and I never wish to again.

I laid down on the bed pulling him down with me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist resting his head on my heart. I placed my one hand around him and the other hand I placed on his head stroking his hair.

"Sssshhhh it's okay, Sssshhhh."

We stayed like this for hours until Kael finally fell asleep. He was so broken whatever happened while I was in my coma really got to him and it's all my dad's fault.

I kissed his forehead before wriggling out from beside Kael.

My father needs to pay right now because this has nearly destroyed everything I care about, everything I hold dear.

I made my way out of the hospital and back to the pack house. Ok Melody find dad's scent and take me to him.

'Rik I don't think this is a good idea. Maybe we should go back to Kale.'

No Melody, he's pushed this way to far. He could have killed Caine and Bentley, he's broken Kael enough is enough now find him!

I headed to the basement and found Jace and Carter by the door. Damn it wait what am I saying I'm the Luna.

"I want to see him."

Jace and Carter looked gob smacked when they saw me but then they bowed their heads.

"Rikki, we should ask Kael."

Sorry guys but I can't let you do that think Rikki think. In that moment I just collapsed they both dropped to their knees before running off my guess to get a doctor.

I got up and walked to my dad's cell, that was too easy.

I found keys and a gun by the door so I picked them both up. I put the gun behind my back before unlocking the cell and stepping in.

"Abby?"

I took a deep breath as I looked at the sight before me. In this moment I understood what people say, monsters are real. The monster is not a species but it can be anyone.

"My name is Rikki and you gonna pay for what you have done! You nearly killed Caine and Bentley. You broke my mate by shooting me!"

I snapped and all he did was smirk, he doesn't care about anyone but himself. He's not my father my father died with my mother.

"Don't raise your voice to me!"

He yelled moving towards me. Monsters are real and unless you stop them they will stop you first, I won't let my monster hurt anyone else never again.

I pulled out the gun and pointed it at him. He just continued to walk towards me laughing away with a smirk on his face.

"Don't make me laugh, you won't use that. Your just weak like your brothers."

I snapped and I put my finger on the trigger. I won't let him hurt anyone, I won't let him say my brothers are weak they are the strongest men I have ever known.

"I won't let you hurt my family ever again!"

He run up to me and it happened so fast. I heard a bang and looked at my father. We both looked down and I dropped the gun. I shot him, I shot my monster.

He hit the floor, blood was everywhere and I just froze. I felt dizzy and the room began to spin.

I stubbled out the room and back to were I collapsed before and once again I collapsed but for real this time in the same spot.

"Rikki!?"

"Rikki!?"

I heard Carter and Jace but I couldn't open my eyes. I could hear them trying to get me to wake up but I just couldn't. I felt someone lift up my body.

"Rikki!!"

I heard Kael's voice and then I felt the sparks pulsing through my body I was now in his arms.

"Rikki, baby? Rikki wake up please! What happened!?"

I wanted to say something, to tell him that I was okay but I couldn't my eyes won't open. I tried so hard to open my eyes as I could feel Kael starting to panic.

"Rikki? Little Wolf?!"

Melody help me I need to tell him I'm okay he's panicking. Melody, Melody help me!

"Kael, Kael are you okay? Kael, Kael?!"

I felt like I was falling before someone else caught me, that someone being Jace. I could hear the panic in Carter's voice as he was trying to get Kael to wake up. What's going on I need to wake up something's wrong with Kael.

"Carter go and get Jackson now. Rikki you need to wake up. Kael, Kael breath. Kael wake up Kael!"

Kael? What is going on? I need to wake up I tried one last time to wake up but I just felt my body getting weaker and weaker.

"What is going on down here?! Kael?! Rikki?!"

I remember hearing Jackson before everything went silent and then nothing I felt myself being consumed by darkness.