(Patton X Reader Part One) I Don't Want to Keep Secrets, Cody.

Start from the beginning

Let's stop my blabbering and just skip to the present tense, shall we? Not that it's interesting....

My face was getting colder and colder. Guess I shouldn't be pressing it up against the window for a long time while it's night time. That reminds me, what time is it..? I thought to myself. Holy Hell, it's almost eleven, I better scurry to bed before one of my parents will... Do something.. I shook my head, replacing that thought with any good dreams that I might have tonight and started my long journey of walking up the stairs. Only reason why it feels long is because it feels like I'm carrying a huge weight on my shoulders everywhere I go. Oh well.

My footsteps were automatically light, not making a sound whenever I took and inch forward to my room down the hallway. I turned the rusty, dark yellow door knob and it gave in, opening my door with a small creek. I pressed my palm against the flat, cold red wood of my door and closed it slowly and quietly. With a teeny thud, my head hit the wood of my door and I let out a big sigh. My parents wouldn't hear me anymore, and I'd bet they were passed out from alcohol anyway. Obviously, I still like to stay silent, because I tiptoed my way over to my window, looking at the bright crescent moon. It's so beautiful it feels like you'd only see this in a movie, I thought, surprisingly happy at the time being. I knew that my happiness would somehow, for some reason, backfire at me horribly. It always happens, I've just seemed to.. Role with it.

The stars. Shining so bright in the sky, so beautiful, so pure. They were so amazing I felt like I could reach at them, but alas I couldn't. And every night, I have that insane goal to touch the stars. Even though it won't happen. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go into outer space and touch a star, it just feels so reachable at the time. It's a strange feeling. Just the thought of maybe if I touched the star, everything could be different. Everything I wanted, a normal life, a normal family, something that would make me happy.. It made my head spin. I guess I'll just have to indulge it.

Enough of this, I need sleep or else I'll drive myself crazy when I get up in the morning too late. As soon as I hit the pillow, I was out cold.

"Dad, please, no!" I shrieked, grabbing my nearest coat. My skin was pale. "I'll go outside, I'm sorry!"

"Good." he scoffed at me with a gruff voice.

I slammed the door shut behind me without a second thought nor glance to that house again. I let a single tear roll it's way down my rosy cheeks and sniffled.

"May as well go to Cody's house." I thought aloud, rethinking that option seconds after I had spoke it.

He was probably with his girlfriend anyways. Ever since he got hooked up with Rose, he can't leave her side or else she looks like her head is going to explode. Trust issues maybe..? Screw it, I don't care what his damned girlfriend says, I'm coming over.

"(Y/N)?"

I smiled. "The one and only."

"What are you doing here?" Cody asked softly, leaned on the frame of his doorway.

My smile faltered for half a second. "Just stopping by, I wanted to check in."

"You checked in yesterday," he explained, a grin reaching the edges of his lips. "Did you miss me that much?"

"That, and I have no other friends to talk to other than.." I trailed off, hoping he'd catch on.

"Oh, her. Well," he chuckled, running his fingers through his hair, and the door was now wide open. "Come on in."

"Yes! Thank you, you're the best!" I squealed.

"I know, I know," he closed the door behind me, he liked it when I told him he's the best. "Now tell me what's running through your head, I know you didn't come here because you missed me."

Damn it. "Well..." I started. But I couldn't finish.

"Oh come on, when are you going to spend time with me?" Rose whined, crossing her arms and having a very unnecessary fit in the kitchen while she was glowering at Cody. "It's always about (Y/N)."

This is why I hate her.

Cody chuckled, taking off his sunglasses. He's too cool, he wears sunglasses inside. "Not true, cutie," Cody disagreed. "I have to take care of my friends, too."

"Well, who is more important?" she raised her chin in the air. She sounds like a snob.

"That a little uncalled for, Rose...," he rubbed the back of his neck, giving me a quick look that told me 'it's okay.'

"Stop, I'm sorry, I'll just...," I paused, my face draining from colour. "Talk to you later tonight. On crescent road? At ten thirty?"

"Sure." Cody smiles warmly at me. That smile I loved. The smile I would always want to see when we were kids.

"Thank you."

And I left off to the tree, praying that Ivy wasn't there.

~

"We'll have to make a vote on it." I ended the last sentence in my book and slammed it shut. "Finally, I'm done! That took way too long.."

My head spun as I'd realized how many pages I've read. Oh well. I glanced at my watch clipped on my right wrist. "Its nine forty-five." I explained as I knocked my head on the tree stump. Wait. "Nine forty-five? I'd better leave."

I swiftly snatched my book and raced to the sidewalk. I am old enough to have a car and my own license but I don't have enough money. And even God knows that my parents won't give me any. Just like love.

I skipped down the sidewalk till I got to crescent road with five minute to spare. Wonder what I should do, I thought. I wonder if I should do anything. Everything is meaningless in the long run. Every action I make is pointless. But in some way, it isn't, because of my genetics or the slight chance in a million different alternate universe that I may as well be famous and get a statue of myself in the middle of the town. That'd sure scare everyone away.

"Hey, (Y/N). What did you want to talk about?" Someone asked behind me, and I instantly knew it was Cody.