Chapter One

"You don't Know you're Beautiful that's what make you, Beautiful! Na na na na na na na na na..."

I woke up to the sun shining through my curtains and One Direction's oh so famous "What Makes You Beautiful" playing on my radio.

I rubbed my tired eyes as I groaned shifting the weight from my back to my elbows. I moaned as I sterched out the tight knots that had formed at the bottom of my spine. My back popped when I stood up and slipped my feet in to my cozy zebra print slippers. I curled my peticured toes up under my feet and the soft fabric warmed them.

I grabbed my phone, planning to check my feed on both my twitter and instagram.

"No no no no no..please god NO!" I panicked, my clock read 8:25, my shift started at nine o'clock.

A few weeks ago I applied for a job at a very successful record company called, "LYRiCS!". Last Monday I recieved a letter telling me that I had, in fact, nailed my interveiw and had a job at the company. A job that paid penlty of money. The letter said that I wouldd be told my position on day one, which was today.

I quickly dug through my dresser drawers trying to find something to wear. A closet full of clothes and absolutely nothing to wear!

I looked out my open window, I always planned my outfits on the weather. It was chilly outside, the leaves were starting to change various browns, reds, purples, and yellows and fall lightly to the light brown grass. Fall had always been my favorite season. Not rainy, not hot. Snuggled and warm like my favorite oversized sweater.

I grab a light pink and black ruffle shirt that had the tiniest hint of lace on the shouders a pair of light blue skinny jeans.

I brushed my teeth and I applied my make-up. I ran barefoot to my shoe rack. Trying to decide which pair of shoes would match.I grabbed my light pink flats with black bow on the toe. They are in great condition because hardly ever wear them. I was much much more comfortable in Vans and Converse.

I grabbed my curling iron and curled my hair out, my soft pink tips looks excellent with my shirt and shoes. I swiftly sprayed and combed out my hair before grabbing my purse and running down the stairs, literally knocking my mom over!

"AUDREY!" My mama yelped as she stummbled and tried to regain her balnce before falling on her bum. My mom was so beautiful and young, She was only 37.

She look like an older version of me, only her face was rounder and her eyes were dark brown along with her long hair.

"Oh, Mama I am so so sorry" I grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet. "Are you okay?"

"Yes darling, I'm fine, why are you still here?!" She dusted off her shirt. Like always she was dressed and ready for the day before anyone else in the house.

"I'm leaving, I woke up late!" I walked into.the kitchen where my Daddy sat dining a cup of coffee from His UNC mug and reading the Monday morning newspaper.

"Morning Sweetheart" He said in between sips of Folgers coffee.

"Morning Daddy" I smiled as I snapped a bottle of cold Dr. Pepper from its plastic ring in the fridge. I searches the cabinets.

"Second cabinet, in the brown basket of Debbie Cakes" Mama said taking a seat next to my father.

I opened the cabinet and stood on my tips of my toes and felt around in the basket until I pulled of a chocolate chip granola bar.

"Thanks" I peeled the silver and red wrapper from the oats and stuffed the bar into mouth.

"Oh, I gotta go" I said, which in fact it sound more like "Mo, Er motor Mo" since mouth was full of a chocolate breakfast snack.