I offered to get it but Macho Masai wanted to prove himself or something and insisted on getting it.

"you having fun so far?" He asked as we rode in the car

"yeah—yeah I'm actually glad I decided to give this a chance"

"yeah me too" He smiled

The Uber ride from the restaurant to the movie theater was only about 15 minutes. It was silent most of the way, thankfully we didn't get a talkative driver. I feel like I only get those when I'm alone.

"Thank you for riding with Uber" He said as he pulled up in front of AMC

We got out and started walking towards the theater. The line for tickets was long but was moving quickly which is a good sign.

Masai got both of our tickets then we went inside to get snacks. I'm not much of a popcorn person when it comes to movie theaters. I'd rather get food food, but since we just ate I picked up candy instead.

When it was my turn to pay I placed my peanut M&M's, dibs, and bottle of Sprite on the counter. Somehow my total came out to be $12 when I could've gotten all of this for less than $5 at a corner store.

Masai paid for his snacks next then we went to the theater. They were showing ads when we got there.

"where you wanna sit?" He asked me

I looked at the mostly empty theater and just shrugged. I don't care for a specific part of the theater to sit at. As long as I can see what needs to be seen.

He started walking towards the back and I followed behind him. The theater was small so the back didn't necessarily mean sitting extremely far from the screen. The seats he chose were actually perfect.

"I haven't been to the movie theaters since Incredibles 2" I said as I adjusted myself

"I haven't been since Black Panther, and I can't remember when I went last before that. I usually just wait for movies to come up on MovieBox"

"what's that?" I asked

"ugh...rich people" He rolled his eyes before starting to laugh "you prolly got a theater in your house too"

"I don't actually, our last apartment did though"

I reclined my chair back then opened up my M&M's.

"you tryna share that?" He asked

I turned and looked at him like he was crazy.

"these are my favorite, especially peanut one's. I'd have to love you in order to share...and we not there"

"...yet" He added "c'mon though, those are my favorite too. I figured you got them so there was no point. I'll share my shit with you"

"you figured wrong sir, but since you did pay for me..."

I held out the box of M&M's for him to take some, which I never do. If I share it's the amount of my choosing.

"you know what I just realized?" He said while handing back the box

"what?"