"oh really?"

"mhmm" I nodded my head

"no I'm not lucky I'm blessed, yes?"

"Clap for the heavyweight champ, me!" I continued

"...but I couldn't do it all alone, we!" We said in sync

We began to laugh as people around us turned and looked at us weirdly.

The waitress came back to our table and refilled our drinks.

"I'm hoping you're having a wonderful time. are we ready for the bill?" She asked

"uh yeah" Masai shrugged

"okay. would you like one bill or split?"

"one will be fine"

"actually, split please" I said right after

He looked at me weirdly but didn't correct himself. The waitress nodded then walked away with our old drink cups.

"what are you doing? I said it was my treat" He asked once she was gone

"obviously you've never been here if you're offering to pay it all, I'd never do that to anyone"

"it's fine, I said it's my treat so let me treat"

"and I appreciate it. look you can get the movie tickets, how about that?"

"and snacks?"

"now you're just pushing it. I'm having fun too, it shouldn't just be you paying when we're both having a good time"

The waitress came back and placed two check books in front of us.

I picked mine up and opened it. I glanced at my price then looked over at Masai who was now sweating. Imagine he had to pay for the both of us.

"$20 for ice cream and milk?" He shook his head

"you're paying for the brand sir" I said

I pulled out my wallet and placed my debit card in the book.

"so what movie are we watching?" I asked while we waited for the waitress to come back

"uh Slender Man"

"oh I see. scary movie, dark theater, you're not slick. just so you know though I'm the kind of person that watches horror movies and scary shows alone at night so you're gonna be disappointed"

"you just like reading into everything don't you? can't I just want to watch Slender Man because it's a good movie?" He asked while trying to convince himself at the same time

I looked at him like he was dumb which caused him to sigh then say 'fine'.

The waitress finally came and took our checkbooks to process them before bringing them back with our receipts. We waited a little longer in here until our Uber got here to go to the movies.