part 1: the moment we met

the first vivid moment my gaze fell on his was in the summer 1975 as i remember lazing around early before his arrival, planing acts of mischief to premiere to my friends, imagining him as a nerd i would learn to detest. all my expectations had been shattered, as he was nothing as I expected, with his chiselled jaw and etched dimples, he gave me a warming smile as he parted his slender lips to breathe out, "hi, are you the son of professor Elliot Green?"

"yes," i replied shortly, though my attraction to him was undoubtedly strong i felt the obligation to show aggravation and arrogance to indicate my true emotions on his stay with us and his sudden theft of my room.

i sighed as i lifted his luggage and let him follow me to my room which would now be his. "this place is simply so marvellous! it amazes me how even late nights can seem so endearing here," he blabbed and i suddenly felt the necessity to yawn at his analysis of Italy. i stayed numb and breathed out a sigh of relief as i reached the room finally from my extreme journey from climbing all those stairs with this tacky, heavy bag.

whilst my mind was pondering what he could have bought in this massive bag he acquainted himself with, i heard him leave a moan as he slowly oozed into the bed, fixating himself on a spot he found comforting. i found myself drawn to the noise his lips made and had the strongest urge to move closer to him, put my ears to his lips and hear that sound of music once again so i can make that the ringtone of my heart. his eyes pierced in me, the light blue fixating on my green once's representing the earth as a whole.

we barely knew each other but at that moment i knew, he was the one.

growing unease with the sudden attention, i rubbed my arm to indicate my uncomfortableness as i lowered my gaze to the polished floor, seeing my reflection soon towered with an another as the creaks of the floorboards indicated his closeness and the intensity of his gaze deepened the blush on my cheek.

i didn't dare speak a word as i just watched the entire scene unravel with sinister eyes, as even i knew how much i wanted that body over mine but to my dismay i knew hot guys like that wouldn't go for a skinny person like me.

i wasn't ugly. i liked to think of myself as "average", i had green eyes which people often compared complimented me with a forest representation and a head full of dark curls which i detested at times. freckles were located under my eyes, over my nose and places as such and my sharp nose lay long and tall. my pale complexion often was adorned with my flush cheeked so a mixture of pink was there at least.

i didn't mind the way i looked neither did i give a lot of attention to my daily looks as those things were never a figure which never found me intrigued but under his fierce gaze i found myself regretting the no importance i gave to my facial features, wishing for better looks more than ever.

"hi," he breathed out as he lowered his face so his face would be seen by me. i felt a squeamish delight and a sudden boast of confidence and i felt entitled not to be led by his dominance.

"hi?" i replied as my once lowered gaze was high in the air as i confided in myself to express the amount of distress this sudden increased amount of space had become between us.

"oh, so he speaks?" he said in amusement and benevolent, almost to tease me though.

"you have seen my mouth haven't you? it uttered words before, just because you were too busy escalating the conversation to your dear endearments that is really not my issue so thank you and goodbye," and with that i slammed the door and jumped into my bed fetching the pillow to harshly bury my face there.

"running away doesn't make it go away," i heard a voice say and i immediately knew it was him.