A battle

"Our relationship was dealt a mortal wound

"Our relationship was dealt a mortal wound. We hoped things would be better; I have seen you don't want to personally. How could I argue with that logic? It was time. I needed the space."

- This poetry represents two people who are stuck in a catastrophic phase in their relationship. The stab wounds of the knife that was thrust in them was more deeper than they thought and the underlying feeling was starting to cause internal bleeding that is about to rupture.

'We hoped things would be better; I have seen you don't want to personally.'  basically stands for the first layer of the denial stage wherein you stubbornly disregard the piling of damages rather than planning a course of action, approach and assess the complications first and foremost before moving forward. But after a skewed of events, you started to see what's lacking, and it dawn upon you.

'How could I argue with that logic?'  constitutes to the second layer of denial in which it sets the exposure of the weak links; it starts to rise and become more evident. A juggle between holding on to something you knew and letting go. 

"It was time. I needed the space."  basically just a conclusion on what you have been through. The realization of letting go is much more reasonable than holding on to something or someone who doesn't want to be with you in the long run. The space and time would have you longing, and it's gonna be a crucial process, however, at the end, you'll definitely see light at the end of the tunnel.