chapter 4

hey guys if you want me to post more just tell me in the comments! cuz i dint think anyone is reading them right now... :/ hope you like it :) |||||||

when i awake i get dressed and go to the dining room where katniss and Effie are waiting haymitch is right behind me. we all greet each other and i start loading up my plate with tons of food. today is the dayof training so we talk about our skills for a while and haymitch says to katniss "so i hear your good with a bow." she looks up "I'm all right." what!!?? shes more than all right! "shes excellent! my father buys her squirrels. she shoots ever single one through the eye, so that none of the organs get punctured." i say. this must have upset katniss. "peeta is strong. I've seen him lift 100 pound bags of flour over his head. tell him thats nothing." she says bitterly. "well i dont think there will be bags of flour to throw people at in the arena." i shoot back. "he can wrestle, he came in second in our school last year." she tells haymitch. why is she acting like this? "how many times have you seen someone wrestle a person to death!" i ask. "theres always hand to hand combat! if i get jumped im dead!" she raises her voice. now im mad. "but you wont! youll be up in some tree eating raw squirrels! picking off people with arrows! you know what my mother said to me before she left? she said maybe district twelve will have a victor this year. and then i realized she wasn't talking about me! she was talking about you! she told that ones a fighter!" katniss gets a sad look on her face. "only because someone helped me."i look down at the roll in her hands, i remember that day at the bakery, and i know thats what shes talking about. "people will go crazy trying to help you in the arena." i say softly. "no more than you." she says sadly. i cant believe this. i look at haymitch seeking help "she has no idea the effect she can have." i get up look at katniss waiting for her to say something but nothing comes. so i turn around and leave.

after i change into my training outfit that someone has laid out for me. i walk to the glass elevators where Effie is standing in a ridiculous outfit. we go down all the way to the bottom floor. where there are hundreds of things to practice, knive throwing, sphere throwing, archery, knots, and my favorite, camouflage.

after a while this is starting to turn out to be harder than i expected. i climb a net and face plant onto the ground. all the careers, (trained tributes from the wealthy districts)

laugh and smirk at me. katniss comes over I'm expecting her to come laugh at me as well or say something smart. but she doesn't, she says urgently "go throw that thing." and points at a medicine ball that looks like it weighs at least s100 pounds. "but haymitch said we shouldn't show our skills." i argue. "i don't care what he said, go throw it! they are laughing at you like you're an idiot." she urges. "okay" i get up and go to the medicine ball nervously. the careers are snickering now. ill show them. i pick up the ball sling it over my shoulder, and throw it as hard as i can. it hurdles across the training center and hits a rack of arrows. i turn around and look at the careers. bob my head, and walk away proudly with a smirk on my face.

after training, i go to my room and wash up, after i get out of the shower i walk out and portia is there with my suit. its black and has sparkly red, yellow, and orange flames on it. its actually quite simple. portia gels my hair for me and i stand up. "you look great!" she says excitedly. "good luck!" she says. she guides me to the elevator from there, i am transported to backstage. caesar flickerman is the announcer for the interviews. he starts by calling out district one tribute girl, then boy and so on. many of the tributes play funny, some play flirty, and others play fake. after a wait that seems like forever, katniss goes. she does great. caeser asks her about the fire, and her sister, she spins around and her dress is amazing it has flames twirling around it with her. how am i going to top this?! before i could think anything else i hear ceasers voice "you know him you love him, peeta mellark from district twelve!" i walk on stage trying to show pride and confidence.