twenty two

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up on a table. There were needles in my arm and cackling all around me. What was happening? Where was I?

I tried to get up, but I was tied to the table.

"Glad we finally got you back, 707," I heard an all too familiar voice say. I screamed as liquid was injected into my arms.

Then, I woke up. For real. I was sitting on Tony's lab table, and sweating bullets.

"Kid! Are you okay?" Steve asked, running in. I was shaking.

"What happened?" He asked calmly. He picked me up bridal style off of the table.

"N-Nightm-mare," I stuttered. I kept shaking as Steve carried me up the stairs.

"About what?" He asked quietly.

"H-Hydra. T-T-They got m-me," I said, as Steve put me on my bed.

"Don't worry, (Y/n), we'll keep you safe here. You get to sleep now. You've had a long couple of days," he said with a smile. He walked out of the room and quietly closed the door.

What time was it? I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see the time.

3:57am.

I had barely any memory of what had happened. The only thing I remembered was getting shot, and then falling asleep. How long ago was that?

I laid my head down on my pillow, and fell asleep immediately.

"This isn't a dream, (Y/n). We will find and get you. Beware," I heard Zola say. I opened my eyes to be back on the table where I was before, except no needles.

"I tried to kill you once, but this time I'll be successful," I heard a man say. It was the same man that shot me when I was with Peter.

"No you won't," I screamed. With that, I woke up again.

"What is happening?" I quietly asked myself. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

5:42am.

I just decided to get ready for the day. I would talk to Tony about the nightmares later.

I sat up on my bed and stretched, and then stood up. I nearly banged my head on the top of my bunk, but I made sure not to.

I decided to change first, because I was still in jeans. I walked into my closet and pulled out a black skirt and (f/band) t-shirt. Then, I grabbed some knee-high black socks, and black converse.

I walked into the bathroom and changed, and then decided to straighten [or curl] my hair.

I then added some light makeup, and walked out of the bathroom. I quietly opened the door and walked downstairs.

I glanced at the clock on the stove to see that it was now 6:30. Damn, I took a while.

I walked into the kitchen to see Tony sitting at the island with a mug of coffee.

"Kid?!" He asked, shocked. He almost spilled coffee everywhere.

"Uh, yeah?" I replied.

"Do you not know?" He asked quietly.

"She doesn't," Steve said, walking into the kitchen.

"Know what?" I asked.

"You've been in a coma for the past week and a half. When Steve said you woke up yesterday, I didn't believe him," Tony said, placing his mug on the table.

"What the hell?" I asked, starting to freak out.

"Kid, calm down. You're okay," Steve said, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"It was what that asshole Norman did. He shot you, and it injected some weird poison into your system," Tony explained.

"God, this sucks. What day is it?" I asked.

"Sunday. Do you think you can go back to school tomorrow?" Steve asked, crossing his arms.

"Yeah. I need something to take my mind off of my hectic life," I said, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Hey kid! I missed you," Bucky said. I smiled and sat next to him on the couch.

"I missed you too, Buck. How'd everything go here when I was asleep?" I asked.

"Pretty decent. Peter was here a lot, waiting for you to wake up. But Steve made him go home last night," Bucky explained.

"Oh, okay," I said quietly. I walked back upstairs to my room.

I decided to call Peter. I missed him, after all. It seemed like he missed me too. I picked up the phone and clicked on his contact, and then put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Pete."

"Oh my god, (Y/n)! You're awake! I'm so happy to hear your beautiful voice again. I'm on my way," Peter said quickly. I giggled and ended the call.

About five minutes later, there was a knock on my window. I opened the curtains to see Peter in his Spiderman suit, sticking to the window.

I laughed and opened the window, and Peter crawled in quickly. He pulled off his mask and smiled at me, and then quickly pulled me in for a kiss.

"Never do that again," he said in between kisses. I smiled and kissed back.

"(Y/n) you have a ca- oh hello," Tony said, walking in. We pulled apart quickly.

"Uh, what?" I asked calmly, acting like nothing happened.

"You have a call. From someone named Gwen? I don't know," Tony said, handing me his phone. I hesitantly took it and put it up to my ear.

"Hey (Y/n)!"

"Uh, hey Gwen. How'd you get this number?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Oh, I didn't have your number and this one was listed in the school directory. I just wanted to call and ask if you were all right. You haven't been to school in a while," Gwen explained. Why would Tony list his number at the school? My mom's number was usually listed.

"Oh, yeah, I'm good. I was just, uh, sick. I'll be back soon," I said, faking a cough.

"Alright, (Y/n). I have all your missed work from when you were gone. It isn't much. The teachers are being pretty lenient," Gwen said.

"Thanks Gwen! I'll see you soon, bye," I said, ending the call. I handed the phone back to Tony.

"I listed my number with the school because you live here now. Also, I meant to tell you that your mom moved to California. Her job needed her to. She called this morning and told me to tell you," Tony said. I nodded, and he walked out of the room.

I haven't thought about my mother in months. I don't think every single one of my memories were restored, because I still don't remember certain things.

"Where were we?" Peter asked with a smirk. I smirked back, and leaned in.