Nine

Jace POV

Y/N is standing, her H/C hair running down her back, her stunning E/C eyes staring into mine. She gave me a small smile, i walk over to her, and cut along her throat, she screams and a single tear runs down her cheek. She falls to the ground and let out her final breath.

"Y/N!" i scream, as i wake up, i look around the room and at my seraph blade. It seemed clean.

Y/N runs in.

"what's wrong Jace!" she says softly, but still clearly worried, she sat by me and held my hand.

"i....i..." i stutter, unable to find the words.

"shh..." she says, pulling my head into her chest and holding me.

i sigh and sob into her chest.

"i'm here Jace.." she says, she gently kisses my head, i relax and stay where i am for bit.

She slowly sits up, as i sit up too, i look into her eyes, the moment feels right, i lean in slowly and kiss her.

She hesitates but kissed me back, her soft lips stayed on mine for a while, before she pulled away.

I gave her a soft smile.

"You should smile more often Wayland, it suits you" she winks, standing up.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"You're cute Y/N" i chuckle.

She rolls her eyes playfully and walks out my room, and back to her own.

Wow, i think i'm falling for this girl.

Y/N POV.

I lay on top of my bed, after the kiss, i replay it in my head over and over again, his ever so slightly chapped lips, so soft on mine. Wow, i'm falling for this boy.

Next day.

I wake up a little later than normal, i yawn and make my way to the training room.

I see Jace and Clary, kissing one another.

I inhale sharply, i feel my heart shatter, this is why i don't fall for people, love will destroy me

Jace catches a glimpse of me, i tense as his eyes meet mine, i turn quickly and swiftly walk away.

"Y/N hold up" I hear someone say.

"No Jace- Alec..." i say realising it wasn't who i thought it was.

Alec gave me a confused frown.

"It can wait if now isn't the time.." Alec says awkwardly.

"No no... now is fine" i nod.

"right well, i need you to head out to a vampire bar, we're looking for a missing mundane, who we think is there" Alec says handing me a photo.

"Alright" i nod.

"i'll get Jace to go with you" i said about to turn.

I immediately tense.

"No i can handle this alone" i say sternly.

Alec raises an eyebrow.

"Vampires are dangerous alone" he sighs.

"Then... you come" i say looking at him.

He nods and goes to get his bow.

I see Jace and quickly look away.

Jace walks over.

"Look Y/N...-"

"No Jace, not the fuck now, alright, go away, i'm busy" i yell, as i turn and storm off.

Jaces jaw clenched as he walked away.

Fuck love.