"Nothing new," I informed with a shrug."More patrols and so." She nodded."My main concerns are Nessie, Nessie, Nessie, and La Push, you know," I said dully before I pushed the off-white door open.

Nessie was deeply asleep, her beautiful pink lips in a grim line and her rosy cheeks had one, single trail of a tear that felt more like a knife in my heart; it hurt more than anything to see her as scared as she was from something unknown to us. Something that we didn't know its complete abilities or reasons behind its arrival. It made me feel useless, helpless.

She was hugging my pillow gently and burying half her face in it. I could hear her usually-a-little-faster heartbeat beat even faster for a second. It was fascinating how, if I concentrated well, I could hear Sarah's and Colby's little heartbeats, too. Just fascinating.

Her chocolate brown eyes snapped open suddenly, taking me aback as I was staring at her thoughtfully. She took a deep breath before she even realized I was there. I blinked twice before I could fully concentrate; I was really tired.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked as I sat down next to her. She closed her eyes for a long moment before she opened them again and shook her head.

"Nothing, nothing," she mumbled and sighed. But it didn't satisfy me, I knew she had a nightmare or something so I just stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

"You don't have to tell me," I half-lied."Just calm down." She nodded with a smile.

"Are Momma and Daddy gone?" she asked and I concentrated before I heard nothing outside so I knew they weren't there; they would've made themselves obvious when they hear Nessie's question.

"Yeah," I answered and was about to get up when she grabbed my arm.

"Stay," she breathed and closed her eyes.

"I'm just going to change-" she cut me off.

"No, just stay as you are," she shook her head. I took off my shoes (I've been wearing those lately 'cause the last thing I wanted was some dirty carpets or having Nessie clean them regularly- she didn't allow Esme or Bella to do that for her so shoes were better than nothing) and went closer to her, taking her in my arms. She relaxed- only then I noticed how tense she was- and sighed.

I think we slept right after that because the next thing I knew, the sun was up and it was noon already. I cursed under my breath and went straight to the bathroom, took a shower, and changed into the first things I saw. Nessie had woken up by the time I finished.

"Are you going now?" she asked, sitting up. I nodded and grabbed my phone and keys before I kissed her quickly."Take care," she said before I went out.

"You too!" I yelled before I rushed into my Rabbit and started the engine, speeding to Port Angeles.

I didn't know how to deal with her after what happened yesterday. She should know by now that we knew what she was. She must have known Rosalie was a vampire, too. I know Nessie can distinguish them.

She could have not known we were werewolves but, what could that be? Coincidence? I snorted. Yeah, right.

I glanced at my BlackBerry and fond out I had two missed calls from Embry, probably wondering where I was so I ignored them and focused on the road. I got there in no time.

"Where have you been?" Embry asked, standing in front of the entrance. I frowned at his tone.

"Home," I answered," I overslept. What's going on?" I asked suspiciously.

"She didn't show up today," he informed, his hands in his pockets."She didn't show up," he repeated. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"But Alice can't see her," I said," She said she would be coming today." He snorted.