Home Sweet Home

Chapter One

"Jake," I mumbled groggily," Are we there yet?" I asked. I heard him chuckle.

"Just a couple more minutes," he reassured me.

"Couldn't they find any tickets to Port Angeles instead of Seattle?" I asked rhetorically, getting back to sleep when I smelled something…" Jacob?"

"Yeah?" I could hear him eat. I rolled my eyes mentally.

"What are you eating?" I asked; I didn't think I'd smelled this scent before.

"Hot dogs. Why?" I opened my eyes to see him driving our new blue convertible- a gift from Em and Rose- with one hand and stuffing his face with the other.

"They actually smell good," I commented, surprised. He stopped chewing.

"Who are you and what did you do to my wife?" he asked. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Give me some," I demanded. He looked at me like I had grown a second head.

"No," he simply answered, getting back to eating. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm hungry, Jacob." My tone was angry. Why wasn't he giving me food?

"They put some eggs for you, too," he said, leaning down and getting the lunch box they'd packed for us, fast enough that he wouldn't bump into another car on the highway.

I opened the lunch box and grabbed a boiled egg. But I just didn't feel like eating eggs. Why wouldn't he understand?

Tears were forming in my eyes," Jacob!" I whined," I want to eat hot dogs! I don't want to eat eggs!"

"Nessie?" His tone was serious," Are you crying because I won't let you have some hot dogs? Which is, by the way, because of your reaction to this kind of food." He was astonished.

"Yes!" I kept crying. He had a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asked, as if cautious.

"I. Want. Some. Hot dogs!" I growled. Did I really growl at Jake? Oh my God… tears got back again."I'm so sorry!" He pressed his palm over my forehead.

"Jeeze, Ness! What the Hell is wrong with you?" he asked, I shrugged," Here," he handed me a sandwich," Don't blame it on me when you throw up," he muttered.

"Thanks!" I grinned and ate it.

It tasted so different than last time…so delicious.

Esme really knew how to cook.

"We're here," he announced. His tone didn't come back to normal.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me, held my hand and led me to the mansion. I'd missed my family so much; I hadn't seen them in a whole month!

They were all waiting at the door, but without Carlisle and Esme or Alice and Rose. I was confused; it was sunny. They were all sparkling under the rays of the sun that very rarely hit Washington.

"Hey!" I greeted them. Momma was the first to pull me in a hug.

"I've missed you so much," she whispered in my ear. I hugged her back just as urgently.

"I've missed you, too." Next was Daddy.

"Hey," he breathed in my ear." What's going on?" he suddenly asked.

Nothing that you should know about.

He shuddered and I chuckled.

"Nessie?" Jasper called, his face unreadable.