The Day arrived..

Wishing you all a belated happy, safe and prosperous Diwali.
@Book_lover4987
__________________________________
They both were lying on their beds, lieing to themselves and to each other through long ago sent messages that they were sleeping when the mind as well as the body, were not. They were just too excited to sleep.

Tomorrow was their grand day. Their wedding. Just in the way she wanted. To sleep she wanted him by her side. Her solace, his arms could only give her all the comfort in the world. But rules were rules. They were not allowed to see each other till the next morning. Until the time for their wedding. The wedding was Christian, Rules were typical Indian, specially set up by the Punjabi Tadka, Bebe. This law, as expected suffered a lot of protests from Neil. He tried to make a cute puppy face which was irresistible to Avni but Bebe just shook it off with a " Stop making this face! You look like a pug who has slammed himself into a pillar." Everyone had started to laugh on this comment. How could he remain away for even a second from his beloved wifey? But a lot of taunts from all the family members, made him shut himself.
He was continuously taking turns, unable to sleep. "Bebe, this is not fair. I can't sleep without her." He got up frustrated, itching his back. "And look who is here to give The Great Neil Khanna company. The mosquitoes?" He said putting up a fake accent. I can't wait. I'll meet her now. Bebe just see. Maa da Laadla bigad gaya. He thought while laughing. He dressed into something decent, jumped through the balcony and rushed onto the street. Taking his car was a bad idea according to him as the sound of the engine igniting, would wake up his ready-to-attack family. Neil went to Neela's house. Yes. She had forgiven her finally but was still unable to talk to her properly.
When Neela could not take it anymore, she rushed to her. "Bacha what's my fault? You have forgiven Neil, why not me?" She had said sobbing. Neil was standing beside Avni listening to every word. He had put his hand deliberately down her waist and squeezed it a bit. She had looked at him with innocence in her eyes but his nod made her rethink twice. "You be.. betrayed Ayesha ma. She had given you my responsibility with her trust. It's about her. Not me." Avni had said crying. "I'm sorry bacha. But I do care for you. You would have ended up in jail anyways if I told you. You would have surely killed Vidyut." She said joining her hands. Avni moved forward and put her hands down while shaking her head. This little gesture of her brought some tears to his eyes as well. "I don't know what's happening to me. I can't control myself to certain things. They are just happening. I don't know." Avni said crying. "It's because of his mere presence ma. I know he is here. He is haunting me. the thought of him near me haunts me. Scares me." "You are strong Avni. You have dealt with more hard core creatures than him." Neela said while cupping her face. She hated seeing her daughter like this. "There's a certain limit. It fails near, in front of him." She replied. She she was tired to show her braveness when she actually was not. She felt now. "Sho.. should I talk to him?" She asked. While they nodded. "I'm sorry" she said to Neela. "The fault was mine forgive me." To lighten the mood Neil said "a sorry with another cancels it. Hisaab Barabar." While chuckling. At least he thought it would like and everyone's mood at this poor joke. Avni looked at Neela twice and then hugged her tightly. "I missed you ma." She whispered. "I missed you more sweety.", She whispered back while caressing her hair. Neela looked at Neil and extended her hand, gesturing for him to join as well. Neil went and hugged her, one arm around his ma and the other around Avni. After a few minutes, all of them broke apart. Neil wiped her tears "no more of them." He said while kissing her forehead while she just smiled.
Neil smiled remembering the moment. When had he reached there, he was unaware. Avni's room was on the ground floor and she slept with windows open. He marched to the gate, bribed the guards (by showing them his Id card and saying he was her husband) and went through the garden. Her windows were thankfully open. He tiptoed in quietly.
Avni sensed someone's presence. She quickly slid down her bed, so fast that Neil couldn't see. She couldn't recognise him because of his hoodie. Neil went and was about to remove her top sheet when she attacked him from behind. Neil raised his hoodie and turned slowly. "You?" They asked in unison. "Thank God." They sighed together. "Why are you always ready to attack?" "Who knows what's out there." She replied. Neil scanned her quickly. She was wearing a simple t-shirt,shorts, hair tied in a messy bun. No sign that she was going to get married. "You look...Hot." Neil said moving closer. "I missed you." She said while hugging him. He reciprocated for a while before breaking. "I missed something else." He said while smirking. She raised her eyebrows confusingly. He went and kissed her fully and she kissed him back. He picked her and sat along with her. Finally they broke apart. "I couldn't sleep." She said softly. "Maybe now you can " They kissed again,longer this time. They slept while kissing and cuddling each other.
The next morning
Their sleep broke due to some typical mommy screams. "Avni! GET UP. IT'S YOUR WEDDING TODAY. PADOSIYON KI NAHI HAI." Neela screamed. They both jumped. She was wearing his shirt and he was without one. If she sees us like this.." she said. They quickly changed and he ran out not before kissing her softly. She opened acting to rub her eyes. Seeing Neela, she rushed to the bathroom, took a nice bubble bath and came out to see some people standing. "Makeup artists." Neela said. Avni wrinkled her nose. After an hour or so, she was ready. "I don't know how he is going to control himself." Neela said. "There's something for you." She said. She went and came wearing a simple pink gown. She was going to be her companion. She slid to reveal "MISHTI!" Avni screamed and hugged her sweet angel. Even she was wearing a pink frock. They all took their respective coloured bouquets. They both pink, Avni white and went to his home.
Neil's eyes were searching everywhere. Shweta announced" Here comes the bride."
Neil looked at her and gasped. She looked stunning. Her gown and veil were highlighting her perfectly. And her golden streak.. Neil went to her and bowed. " Accompany me my to be lady." She gave in. They entwined their arms and went to the alter.
"Do you Avni Ayesha take Neil khanna as your husband?" The Father asked. She nodded and slid the ring while he did the same afterwards. But when the Father asked him he said "Obviously. Seriously? Who asks a question like that." He needed to change his jokes.
Time for the dance.
"Have a last dance with your dad." The Father told Avni when she was done with everyone. She squeezed her eyes while he pressed his hand. Talk and forgive him. She went. They were dancing when Ashish said "I'm sorry. Please." She was on the verge of tears. "One chance? Your ma would have wanted it." He begged, swirling her.
She breathed heavily. She had to do this for her Neil. "You... You won't do this again." She commanded. He nodded. The unexpected happened.
They hugged each other tightly. All of them melted seeing them. "Dad." She whispered. Ashish just picked her while she chuckled.
The Father turned to Neil and said
"You may kiss the bride." Neil just did it. It was the end for us but a new commencement for both of them.