twenty one

Peter's POV

"Tony, just let her come on missions," I heard Sam say as I was walking past the kitchen. I decided to hide by the door and listen in to what was happening.

"I don't know. She's extremely powerful, but HYDRA can easily get her back. They have eyes and ears everywhere except for here," Tony replied.

"Her powers are definitely contained. She knows what she's doing. She can really help us," Sam said.

"Sam, I know. I just want her to be safe," Tony said quietly. I could tell that he was frustrated.

I sighed and walked past the kitchen and out the door. (Y/n) and I had just been hanging out in her room, but she fell asleep.

I decided to let her sleep, since we had school tomorrow, and she was hurt.

I walked down the street when my spider senses started going off.

"Hello?" I asked no one in particular.

"You're Parker's kid, aren't you?" I heard a gravely voice say from behind me.

I whipped around to see a man in his late 50's, with silver hair and a menacing look on his face.

"Um, yeah. Who are you?" I asked.

"The name's Norman. I know about your little spider powers," the man said, calmly.

"How?" I asked, getting aggressive.

"I invented the spider that bit you. Well, your dad did. While your school was visiting Oscorp, one got out and bit you. Sound familiar?" Norman asked, smirking.

"Uh, yeah. What do you want?" I asked.

"I want your blood, Parker. I want my spider back. You killed it when it bit you," he said, moving closer to me.

He pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it at me.

Suddenly, he pulled the trigger, and I closed my eyes, bracing for impact. I felt nothing.

I opened my eyes to see (Y/n) standing in front of me, her hands outstretched in front of her.

"Who are you?" Norman asked. (Y/n) blasted him, and he fell into the pavement.

She walked over to him and put her foot on his chest, keeping him pinned to the ground.

He pulled out another small gun and began shooting at her from the ground. She somehow dodged all of them, and shot him with her power again.

"Don't touch my boy," she said, shooting him with so much power that he went into the pavement.

"Thank you," I said, hugging her.

"Ow, Pete," she said, pulling away. Her arm was bleeding.

"Holy shit! Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. He got me," she said calmly.

We turned around, and Norman was gone. Great. We probably should've thought of that.

"Who was that?" she asked. She seemed to be hurt.

"Not important. Let's get you back to the tower," I said, picking her up bridal style. She seemed very faint.

"(Y/n), don't close your eyes," I said, starting to run.

"Pete. I'm tired," she said quietly. I ran faster, and then we got to the tower. I don't know what he shot her with, but it must've been crazy powerful, because she seemed very hurt.

"Tony, she was shot. I'll fill you in later," I said quickly, handing her to Tony. He carried her to his lab, and I decided to sit on the couch and wait.

"Kid, what happened," Bucky asked, sitting next to me. I don't think he liked me very much, so it was weird that he was talking to me.

"A guy who used to work with my dad came to me. And he was gonna shoot me, but (Y/n) came in. She got shot instead, and I think he shot her with something extremely dangerous," I replied.

"Interesting. What's his name?" Bucky asked.

"Norman Osborn, I think," I replied. Bucky nodded and walked into the kitchen.

I haven't thought about my dad in years. I've tried to repress the memories of my parents ever since Uncle Ben died. I tried to repress everything.

Suddenly, Tony walked out of his lab.

"She'll be fine. The bullet had some weird poison in it, but I extracted it. We're gonna run some tests on it soon. She's asleep now. Maybe you should just crash here for the night," Tony said. I nodded.

"Uh, kid? Someone taped this on the door," Steve said, walking in. He was holding an envelope.

He handed it to me, and it said one thing on it. Parker.

I walked up to (Y/n)'s room and sat on her bed. I hesitantly opened the letter, and read through it.

Trying to stop me, eh? You know I can't be stopped, Peter. I have an entire army. I hope you know that. Your little girlfriend is dead. HYDRA will win. Watch your back, Parker.

N

Norman. I don't even know this man, and he's already ruining everything. He's working with HYDRA now, apparently.

I sighed and put the letter back in the envelope. Tony should probably know about this.

Crime has been quiet lately. Strangely quiet. It was worrying everyone.

"What'd the note say?" Tony asked. I suddenly realized that I was downstairs. I must've zoned out.

"You should take a look at this," I said, handing him the note. He quickly pulled it out of the envelope and scanned it.

"Great. What's that guy's name again?" He asked, annoyed.

"Norman Osborn," I said. Tony's eyes narrowed as he walked into the kitchen.

This was going to be a long night.