Chapter 22: Back To Normal? Pah, Not Likely...

Start from the beginning

"Shut up," I glared "Now if you'll excuse me, I have pom poms to throw."

And with that, I left Stefan in the corridor. Great, another person that knows. The town will know by tomorrow knowing my luck.

"There you are!" Caroline shouted as I walked over, it seemed that everyone was waiting for me.

"Sorry, I was speaking to Stefan." I explained but Caroline ignored me and pushed me into place.

"What did Stefan want?" Elena whispered from beside me.

"He knows." I sighed back, Elena couldn't reply as music started blaring out of the speakers and Caroline started the routine.

After another hour of dancing, throwing girls in the air and having my sister shout at us we were finally done.

I was lying on the floor and panting hard. I had never worked so hard in my whole life.

Even my old cheer team didn't work this hard but considering the game was on after school I guess Care wanted to perfect it.

Most of the girls had gone but some had stayed and were chatting to each other. I had my eyes closed but I sensed someone had sat down next to me.

"Matt keeps staring over here." Caroline's voice sounded. I opened one of my eyes at her and squinted as the sun was out.

Oh yea, another thing I forgot to mention, you know the ring Kol gave me? Turns out it was a daylight ring. Looks like he was prepared for me turning into a vampire a while ago...

"So?"

"He doesn't usually look over here." Caroline explained to which I shrugged my shoulders. Why should I care if Matt was looking over here?

I started to take a sip of my other water bottle that I had which actually had water in it.

"I think he likes you."

I choked on my water and spat it out. Coughing, I sat up and gave her an incredulous look.

"Pardon?" I coughed "Matt doesn't like me."

"Yea he does. He always acts differently when you're around." Caroline must have hit her head or something because there was no way Matt liked me.

"Maybe he hates me if he acts differently, doesn't mean he likes me." I argued.

"Oh come on. Ok, wave at him and see how he responds." Caroline said, looking over to the other half of the field and to where the boys were training.

I gave her a flat look but did as she said. I waited until Matt looked over and I waved at him.

He smiled and waved back. He seemed to wave for a while and only stopped when a ball hit his face.

I had to hold in my laughter as he went back to training with an embarrassed look.

Caroline looked at me and I shook my head "Just stop. I have enough problems in my love life to add another guy into the equation."

Caroline stood up and helped me up with her.

Pretty much all the girls had gone apart from Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and I.

"Right, take me home. I need to get changed out of this outfit" I ordered Caroline as we all jumped into her car.

"Uh, whats the point? The games in about 4 hours so there wouldn't be any point in getting changed." Bonnie answered, making me groan.

"You mean I have to go to grill in this?"