Chapter 22: Back To Normal? Pah, Not Likely...

Comenzar desde el principio

I excused myself to go to the bathroom for a few minutes. What I was really doing was drinking some blood that I had managed to bring with me.

I had it in an opaque bottle so no one could see what it was. There wasn't anyone in the bathroom when I got there so I comfortably leaned against the stalls and brought the bottle out of my bag.

I started drinking from it when someone burst through the door. Luckily my face hadn't changed yet but it caused me to spill some of the blood on the floor.

The girl looked at me funny then went into one of the stalls. If I still had a heartbeat right now it would probably be pounding out my chest right now.

All of a sudden the bell went which caused me to jump again. That means I have about 10 minutes until I have to be back to Caroline.

I had my bottle in my hand as I walked out the bathroom, only to crash into someone. The bottle dropped out of my hand and cracked on the floor.

Blood started to seep out of it. My eyes went wide but relaxed when I saw who it was.

"Violet?" Stefan questioned, looking to me then to the floor "Why do you have blood on you?"

I panicked a bit before I came up with a lie "It's for Elena, she said she hadn't fed herself today so I donated some blood."

"I was just with Elena in her car and she was drinking blood then. Whats going on-"

"Its for Caroline!" I cut in "She's been feeling down recently so I thought I would give her something."

Stefan gave me a blank look "So you think she'll like her own sisters blood to feel better?"

Drat. I have no idea how I'm gonna get out of this!

"Ok, I didnt want to tell you because Damon gave it to me to throw in your face. He thinks you should get off the bunny diet." I lied again, hoping my acting skills were convincing enough.

"Are you a vampire?" Stefan asked, completely ignoring what I said about Damon.

"What? No! You're a vampire!" I pointed at him accusingly. May I point out that I go a bit weird when put under pressure.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

I sighed and gave up the acting. "You were all busy with Elena so I didn't bother. Plus the Mikaelsons are helping me."

"Is it just them who know?"

"No, when Elena and I went to the bathroom that time at the grill I found her feeding on someone which caused me to vamp out. Don't worry, I sorted it." I added the bit at the end as Stefan looked worried.

Great. So much for keeping it a secret.

"You can't tell anyone Stefan. I don't want people fretting over me." I saw a girl walking in this direction so I stopped her and turned her away from the blood.

Compulsion comes in very handy these days.

"You will get a mop and a bucket and clean up the mess on the floor, once you are done forget what you did and return to class. If they ask you why you were late, say you were upset and needed some time alone."

The girl nodded and went off to get what I instructed her to get.

"You can't do that." Stefan pointed out, but I shook my head.

"What? And be late for cheer practice? Face the wrath of my sister? No thanks."

"I was wondering why you were in that," Stefan scanned my attire "It.... Suits you."