I Stole Your Son Because You Left Me

ISYBYLM

All Rights Reserved © iluvthunder 2014

💠Prologue💠

Tonight the moon is ominously hanging, in it's half phase, in a starless sky.

These mid-October winds seem colder than those in December even.

Striking like deadly venomous vipers in this clearing, on this otherwise still night.

Promising with it's chilly fingers, lingering on our tense bodies, to creatures big and small a calamitous night.

'Swoosh , Swoosh'

'Swoosh, swoosh'

The sound of the wind against the trees surrounding us is almost soothing against, the otherwise silent night.

I am standing in a crowd of other werewolves like myself; preparing to die foe their loved ones. Stubbornly, determined to face off the so-called most powerful werewolves. That wish to slaughter all of us in cold blood.

We slowly shifted in to charge mode, ready to shift into wolf mode, as soon as our leader gave his command.

Time seemed to drag and visibly freeze while we waited for our assailants and our leader to make a move.

In this torturous stillness my ears suddenly detected two tiny feet running towards me from behind.

I can recognize who these feet belong to even in my sleep; and as his presence in this war scene registered panic engulfed me.

In a matter of seconds he'd found me, using his excellent werewolf senses; and two tiny hands were now clinging tightly on to my tightly clenched right hand.

My inner-turmoil was so consuming, that the pain of all five of my fingers curling in to fists and nails digging in to both of my palms did not even register.

A pair of small sky blue eyes with specks of gray had my full attention. I looked down into his defiantly stubborn blue gaze and realized with defeat he would not budge.

If his legs fiercely clomping around my right leg like a two year old wasn't obvious to his adamancy in this matter; his unshed tears were.

I was achingly torn between my duty and wish for his safety, and not being able to say no to him this once. Even though, I should, I should reprimand him to go back to where all the other kids are safely guarded; but looking at him in this state I could not bring myself to so.

Trifling with these chaotic emotions, I sensed a different kind of stillness from everyone around me.

I opened my injured right palm and placed it protectively on the child's head and opened my left palm to grip his tiny left hand tightly. I removed my eyes from his to look up ahead to see what was happening; and noticed for the first time people all around me were not in their attack modes anymore.

They were still very tense, probably wondering what was going on, though.

As my eyes zeroed in on the other side of the clearing teeming with our assailants; there was movement in their ranks.

From what I can see from this far in the distance with my werewolf sight is a figure, from the other side of the clearing, walking towards our leader.

What is frightening about this figure is as compared to everyone else; this person is completely relaxed.

As if he's not walking on a potential war site but, is confidently striding in his bedroom enjoying a worry free morning in.

The figure exchanged a few words with our leader and then returned to his own side of the clearing.

The figure then turned to face our side of the clearing again and started speaking in a authoritative voice.

"I have spoken with your acting Alpha" he said pausing to let the words sink in.

"We have agreed that both sides have nothing to earn from this war, only to lose. Which is why we've come to a conclusion. If your willing to give me a girl, hiding among your ranks, I will call this war off." He stopped speaking again as everyone on our side of the clearing started looking at every person around them to see who this person is referring to.

"I do not know her name but, I know she's here among you." With this declaration, his face turned towards the direction I was standing and he started moving towards our side again; like a predator on the hunt.

As he trudged forward within our ranks people moved out of his way, warily turning back around, at the same time, to look at the man as he continued lazily striding towards me.

The figure is too far away and I couldn't possibly know for sure who he was walking towards; but that's the thing,I know, I know for sure he's walking to me and I'm frozen still.

Closer and closer his steps approach and I can see him clearly; even though he's still quite far away. His body is emanating a power that's strange yet-somehow familiar ,and very intimidating, although I can't seem to concentrate on the familiar part.

I want to protect the little boy, still clinging on to me from this dangerous beast.

I WILL PROTECT this child from this beast!! Until my very last breath!!

His lime green eyes with electric yellow specks in them, which almost seemed gold; intensely looked into my own as he continued his steps towards me.

By the time it took him to stop two feet in front of me in a matter of milliseconds, I had moved the little boy behind me with a firm grip on him with my right hand. I was crouched in front of the child protectively, my left hand forming into a fist again; my mouth is in a snarl as I growl at him, continuing to hold his intense gaze.

In comparison, to me the man in question was completely and utterly at ease. He even had the audacity to grin amusedly towards me as if we had been sharing a joke at some party. At this point, my anger knew no bounds and I would have pounced on him. If it weren't for the little boy clinging onto my shirt from behind me.

This is when the monster decides to speak again. "It's nice to meet you again Miss 'I'm just an unimportant omega'; in exchange for stopping this useless war I would like you to join my pack." He states in a tone of finality.

He turns his head slightly to the right side, still holding my gaze, indicating he is now speaking to someone standing right behind him.

" Adequate compromise don't you think? Both sides won't lose any treasured members, and you'll get to wash your hands of an unimportant omega. What more can you want." He stated

"But why?" Our leader, and acting Alpha asked.

"Well now, that's really none of your business" he said in an annoyed tone of voice, still not removing his eyes from my own.

He turned face, facing towards me again, eyes still on me; and stated rather than asked, while stepping uncomfortably closer to me.

"Will you join my pack and prevent meaningless bloodshed; or would you rather their deaths be the cause of your stubbornness?"

My voice sounds strangely different to my own ears as they seem to echo in the distance on this silent night.

"I w-"

------

A/N Now I realize I've changed the prologue quite a bit, but the plot is still the same and this story will start to make sense; once you read through chapters 1 and 2. Chapter one will be up tomorrow.

Pls give feedback!!!