Chapter 1

* Hi everyone i just thought to say I'm new to all this and hope you like my story and everything. Comment become a fan. It seems really dull but i hope you'll to like it as this is just an intro. Oh and a note: I'm british and some text you might not know. Mona's in her first year in sixth form which would be known else where as a junior student. Thanks anyway for reading. Please let me know what you think. x *

''Mum you don't understand I really don't feel well today.'' I pleaded with very persuasion I could muster.

''Of course I don't understand - this is the third day you've attempted to not go to school and if you don't get dressed in about-'' she paused for a bit looking at her watch. ''-6 minutes. Not only I'm I going to phone your tutor, but this will be the fourth time in a row you've been late for school. Not to mention John who always puts up with you. Though I doubt he'd wait for you considering how late you are if you don't get a move one''

''I really don't feel well, my throat feels all tight and funny and I swear I've got some bumpy things at the back of my throat.''

''Mona I'm being serious.'' and she gave me one of her looks where you instinctively begin to search for the nearest escape route and just smile and nod to keep her happy. I finally gave up. I guess I'm going to school. Everyday I try an excuse to get out of it, honestly it's so repetitive my grades are failing like I care to be honest, I barely care whether I keep my friends or not as they all babble on about some form of rubbish not now that I have any and I swear the moment I enter the gates my mind mentally shuts down and everything becomes blurs.

''Whatever.'' and stormed upstairs stamping on the stairs just to frustrate her, if I'm going to be irritated then I'm sure as hell I'm going to take her down with me. I shoved on my uniform and sent a comb threw my hair. I tied it into a messy bun and with a bit of Vaseline I grabbed my school bag and began my journey to purgatory. Our neighbours had a boy that went to my school and I usually took a ride with him every morning. He was OK I mean I really couldn't care less what he thought about why I was always late, but I was surprised to see that he was waiting outside for me but I quickly rearranged my face to show that I didn't care. 

I opened to passenger seat and made my way in.

''Hey, I'm sorry I'm late.'' He looked at me like he heard it all before.

''No your not. '' He had a point.

''I know''. I looked over and thought he would be angry. He was just grinning. Weird guy.

''How come your late?'' Should I tell the truth? Hmm, why not it's not like he's bothered. 

''I didn't want to come in today so I made an excuse that I was ill so I couldn't come to school but turns out she saw through my attempts and sent me anyway. I really thought this it would work know... '' And I started imagining what would of happened if it did.

''Really? ''

''Nahh, it was worth a try you know always got to keep the faith. '' He just shook his head and started driving. John had a weird attitude, at the times you'd think he'd be mad he wouldn't and when you think won't he most probably would. Poor guy he's probably confused. I closed my eyes and tuned everything out. I tried to imagine a world were I could get away with everything. But that soon stopped when we pulled up to the gates. He parked at the furthest spot from the gate. The spaces were people avoided so they didn't have to be stuck in traffic on the way out. Oops guess it's my fault. I just smiled in his direction attempting to apologise. I got out the car and pulled out my backpack.

''Thanks Johnny, see ya after school. '' He just grunted too distracted with something in his bag. I walked through the doors and made my way to English. I didn't see anyone and anyone I did I didn't Hi too. I was a bit of an antisocial person so I didn't draw much attention to myself. I wasn't pretty but average. I had Medium length chestnut hair which was always tied up. Brown eyes, fairly tanned skin from my Spanish lineages, a small straight nose and rather full lips. I didn't pay fashion much attention because it held no interest for me and boys barely noticed me unless we had to talk like Johnny Boy outside. I opened my class door Mr Richard stood teaching the class.

''Sorry I'm late sir'' He gave me firm look and told me to sit down. I sat down in the corner where I usually sat and began pulling out my books. Once my English notebook was out I took out a pen from somewhere in my bag and began doodling in the corners of pages for the remainder of the lesson. Mr Richards never called me for an answer because we both know I would not the answer, so to save himself hassle he rarely picked me if he could avoid it. Which was fine with me. The majority of my lessons were like this and I made not attempt to change it.

Lunch arrived and I picked up my tray of food and sat down on an empty chair. I wasn't that hungry but i ate anyway for something to do. Half way through my tuna sandwich some girl sat down opposite me.

''Hi Can I help you? '' I asked genuinely confused. People rarely spoke to me because they had no reason to.

''Hey I'm Natalie, its Mona right? ''

''Yeah so? ''

''I was sitting over there and was wondering whether you wanted to sit over there with us?'' You what?

''You want me to sit where? ''

''With us, you know me, Jasmine, Callum, Stephanie, Jordon you know the whole group, over there on that table if you want to? '' No I didn't know. Where the hell did this come from and Why? ? ?

''Why? '' 

''I dunno to be honest I just thought it would be nice if you wanted to. '' Why would I want to. But I had to admit this was a bit random and unexpected. I didn't know how to respond and I didn't want to go sit over there. So..

''Ermm. I'm OK here thanks''

''Are you sure we wouldn't mind and why not it would be fun. '' I wasn't sure about this so I just accepted reluctantly.

''Ermm OK, alright why not right? '' We both smiled and made our way to her table which was located in the centre on the room. I really didn't want to go but I wasn't sure if I wanted to at the same time if that made sense. I'd never spoken to Natalie before and here she was asking me to sit. There was something wrong with this picture, but I couldn't figure what? There were seven people sitting at the table watching our approach. I really didn't like this. All eyes were on us and Natalie began to speak.

''Hey everyone this is Mona she going to come sit with us'' I sat down on a spare seat between some guy and girl. Everyone said their ''Hi's'' and ''Heys '' and whatever but I felt so out of place. I began eating my sandwich whilst everyone continued their individual conversations and I attempted to fade out like I wasn't there. I looked around the canteen and nothing seemed different. I missed my old seat and yearned to make an excuse to go back but I would just look ridiculous so I stayed put. Next time when I entered this place I was going to avoid Natalie so wouldn't have to come back. What was I thinking accepting...?