Epilogue part two

Start bij het begin

"Come on let's get you inside and food in you," I nodded at them and grabbed my bag, dad took my suitcases inside the house. I missed home, seeing it felt like I haven't been here forever.

Mom made fried chicken, lasagna, mashed potatoes, broccoli and corn. Mom said I needed iron, saying I looked sick. I scoffed playfully and piled on my plate. It's the truth when they say that home cooking is so much better than college. Both of my parents happy, opening their own law firm so they can make their own hours and pick their own clients. I was so glad that they could invest in their own firm, working hard. We spoke about random things, dad asked if I'm seeing anyone but I said no.

When I told them about Charlie, mom was excited but dad still wanted to meet him. It was a double family meeting for both our parents and they really hit it off. Mom missed him though, said he was sweetie pie.

After dinner, I took my suitcases to my old room upstairs. I'm surprised that they didn't change anything here; pictures of me when I was younger, of me, mom and dad from graduation. I didn't feel like unpacking, I was exhausted. I took off my shoes, laid on my pillow and waited for slumber to take me away.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled out my phone, Linda's calling. "HI BEST FRIEND!!!"

"HEY!!! Are you home?"

"Yes. Are you?"

"I am, meet me at the mall. I wanna see you I miss you so much!"

"I missed you too! I'll be there in twenty minutes," I hung up, put my phone in my pocket, stretched out my limbs and put on my shoes. Getting my purse, keys I headed out my bedroom to go downstairs to the front door. I told my parents that I'm meeting Linda at the mall, mom said that I should come home soon, I yelled an ok love you and head out.

***

Making it to the mall, I walked around the familiar place feeling so out of place. I got a text from Linda saying she's at Smoothie king, I texted her back that I'm on my way. Linda hasn't told me much about her life only that she's been partying. The Smoothie King in view, going to the line. I don't see Linda yet, where is she? However I saw a familiar face, blue eyes, black hair and a smile that made me melt when he's talking to the cashier. I smiled to myself when I approached to him, good that he's in a good mood.

"Charlie!" I exclaimed, his body turned to face me, a grin still on his face.

"Hannah, hi!"

"Hi!" We embraced each other when he approached me, loving his smell of Axe. I buried my face into his neck to enjoy his scent, his chuckling vibrated my body. "How are you?" I asked as we let go, but he held my hands.

"I've been ok, how are you? You look great." He gestured to me, I blushed a little.

"You look real good too; I've been good as well. I thought I wouldn't see you back home."

"Well, I have an internship at my parents company so I'm here for the summer."

"That's so cool."

"What about you, any internships or part time jobs?"

"No, just to relax. I was working as an assistant with an editor during my semester. He did tell me that I should come to New York if was there for a part time job."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," We both smiled, still holding hands. He laced his fingers with mine; the butterflies are back when we locked eyes.

"I missed you, bubbles," he said in a low voice.

"I missed you too, loopy."

"You waiting for your boyfriend?"

"No."

"Oh, do you have one?" I shook my head in response and he smirked.

"You're still with Amy?" I asked.

"We broke up two months ago."

"Oh."

"Well here we are" he said breaking the silence.

"Mmmhhmm," I looked down, letting go of his hands thinking of what he said last year. Is this fate for us? "I'm meeting up with Linda; do you want to join us?" Hopefully he'll say yes.

"I would love too but I got to get home to meet up with Austin soon."

"Oh, how is he by the way?"

"Good, he's thinking about proposing to Ally."

"That's amazing."

"Yeah, but I think they're rushing it."

"They're in love, it's their choice."

"I guess, but it shouldn't be rushed so soon. They should wait when they graduate from university." I shrugged, yeah they're young but if they love each other and if it feels right, then it's their choice.

"You should call me okay?" I nodded to him and he gave me one more hug, embracing a little longer he began to let go but held on and kissed me. It was a soft peck, but it felt like forever to me. I love him so much, and he loved me. Our foreheads touched, my breathing hitched in my lungs when our eyes locked.

"This is fate, Hannah. I still love you and want you."

"I still love you too."

"You want this?"

"Yes."

"Ok, I'll call you later for a date." I nodded again; he pecked my lips and left. Just in time for Linda to meet me, I told her what just happened when we sat at a table and she squealed.

"You guys are meant to be, Hannah. Take the leap with him!" I bit my lip as I agreed with her. Our relationship started as a secret that I thought wouldn't last but our love grew stronger for one another that we can't let go of. It's a great feeling and I can't let go of it.