SEVEN | RAIN SHOWERS

Start from the beginning

Once the two reached an empty, and warm, hallway, Sirius let go of Venus to move in front of her, "Bloody hell were you doing out in the rain?" He tried to keep his voice as composed as possible, though he really wanted to yell at her stupidity.

Venus took a moment to gather herself, fearing her teeth would chatter once she opened her blueish lips, "I wanted to lay in the sun." She replied after a large swallow.

"The sun-" Sirius gave her an incredulous look, "It didn't appear to be sunny out there, to me." He pointed out and Venus rolled her eyes.

"It was earlier, for a bit, but then it started r-raining." Venus cursed herself for allowing a stutter to come out because she saw Sirius's eyes soften the slightest bit.

"You look cold."

"I'm not." Her body's shiver told Sirius otherwise. "I'm-I'm just... just fine, thank you very much."

Sirius scoffed, "Right, and I'm as blonde as a Malfoy." He rolled his eyes then placed a light hand on Venus's back, "Come on, lets get you warmed up before you catch a cold."

Venus didn't back away from his warm touch, only tried her best to control her breathing in case he could notice the unevenness of it. It's not that he made her nervous, more like she made herself nervous. Sirius had an affect on her that no one else had, every time she saw him she was engulfed in this warmth, this bubble of complete comfort – like a sun melting snow – and she hated it.

When the two reached the prefects bathroom Venus frowned, "What are we doing here? Neither of us are prefects."

With a smirk, Sirius opened the door, "Don't have to be a prefect to know the password." He winked at Venus before slyly walking into the large bathroom.

Venus bit her lip and fiddled with the hem of her sleeve as she stood outside the door.

Was this a good idea? Probably not, she thought.

Yet, she ignored her logical side and took a step into the prefects bathroom, ignoring how her heart hammered in her chest knowing she was breaking school rules with none other than Sirius Black.

Venus glanced around the large bathroom in awe. As if Hogwarts couldn't get more majestic, in one side of the room there were stalls with toilets inside whilst opposite of the toilets there was a large, porcelain-like swimming pool sized tub with numerous bath taps surrounding it. The pool-like bath was sunken into the ground and there were about a hundred golden bath taps surrounding the whole pool-like tub, with a different colored jewel set in each tap. Venus figured there was most likely bath supplies on one side of the pool, such as soap, bath oil, bath powder, bath salts, shampoo, hair spray, and conditioner.

"Well? What are you waiting for?"

Venus turned to Sirius confused, "Pardon?"

He rolled his eyes, "I didn't take you here to just stand there shivering in wet clothes."

Still confused, Venus looked around as though she were missing the catch, "What did you take me here for then?" She crossed her arms after her eyes spotted nothing but an elegant bathroom.

"Merlin, do have to spell it out for you?" Venus's face stayed bewildered and Sirius sighed. "What's your favorite color?"