Chapter 2

I showed Amanda to my room shyly. I've never been popular or confident with others.  

"This is so cute!" Amanda exclaimed. "Much better than what we managed to do in Pennslyvania!" 

"Pennsylvania's in the USA. You live in the USA?" I asked, showing off my geography skills. 

"Yeah." She replied, smiling at me. "You'll like it there. I'm sure you will."

We packed my toys, clothes and books. Amanda had brought extra bags. They had weird logos on them like Target and Walmart.  Then I realized they were common American shops. I didn't want to leave my friends but luckily I had their Instagrams and Snapchats so I could contact them on our group chats. 

"Are you okay with dogs?" Amanda asked, grabbing several bags.

"I love dogs!" I exclaimed, getting more comfortable around her every minute. "I have loads of photos of the dog I lived with before..." I trailed off, trying to make it obvious I didn't want to talk about it.

"Come on. Lets go." Amanda said. "What do you prefer to be called?"

"I don't mind. Miss Lilly calls me Elizabeth and everyone else calls me Lizzie or Beth. Also Alex calls me Bethie. Alex is horrid to me." I replied. We lugged my heavy bags down to the entrance. Outside was a man with a pushchair and a dog which looked like an Australian Shepard. 

"Beth this is Tom and Finn. In the pushchair is ******(A/N I'm not going to reveal Amanda's daughter's name because she wants to keep it private and I respect that tbh I dont know it anyway.)" Amanda said.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. Finn came up to me and I patted his head gently.

"Come on. Let's go home shall we?" Tom said, starting to push the pram down the road. We arrived at an airport and I looked at Amanda.

"I um... I... don't have.... a umm.... passport." I said nervously.

"The council have sorted it don't worry." she replied.