Who is she?

Ceros moved along the path of the great tree with two others of his fleet, they were sent out to the ancient forest to do an investigation on the monsters as some had been acting out more than usual; the fleet suspected that a change in the ecosystem might have brought about tempered monsters but it was still the best option to investigate.

When they reached the top the team came to a dead halt, for in front of them lay an adult Rathalos and he was much bigger than any they have had on record...

"Sir, do we advance on him?" A hunter spoke softly to Ceros

"Hold on... lets just wait to see what he does" Ceros replied.

The Rathalos remained docile as he gazed to the edge of the nest at a young woman sitting in the brush. This caught Ceros by surprise!

Ceros's POV

She sat there still perhaps I could toss a small stone at her to grab her attention, it was then I turned back to the Rathalos something wasn't right about it. They naturally are very protective of their nests yet this one lay completely still just watching her, it was then I noticed a saddle on his neck?! What was going on here?!

The girl stood and made her way back to the great wyvern my men and I prepared to attack if the Rathalos tried anything but yet he still laid quietly, we watched in shock and awe as the wyvern lowered his head and the girl began to pet the monster! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Story view

Ceros watched the girl and Rathalos interact why wasn't it attacking? Why did it wear a saddle? Who was she? There were so many questions.

"Oh Titan... we haven't found any proof of the blight reaching this world, maybe it has vanished.." the girl softy spoke.

She had been sent out by her village chief to fly to different worlds to study the ecosystem much like the hunters of the fifth, but she knew why the monsters had been acting out.. this blight that plagued her home thought to have been vanquished had been reported to have popped up in different worlds over the earth... it was up to the riders to use the kinship to defeat the blight.

It was then Titan stood knocking her over, he placed himself covering the girl as his eye gazed to the sky above... bazelgeuse. It let out a terrific roar as it dove towards Titan!

Bringing his wings to cover himself and the girl he stood his ground leaving the hunters amazed.

"Ceros look! It's protecting her!"

Ceros watched in awe, " we have to help, that Rathalos can't fight if he's protecting her!"

Ceros's team looked at him harshly "are you absolutely mad! Tame or not that's a Rathalos and a fully grown one at that!"

Ceros looked closely at the hunter, "listen Grievous! There is a great advantage if we have that as an ally! We will help, if not for the Rathalos for the girl!"

Groaning Grievous lifted his jaw blade into the air giving a booming battle cry, this caught the attention of the girl and the Rathalos whom, fired a warning blast of fire towards the team.

"We are here to help you big scaly idiot!"

"Chazen don't bother yelling at it! Focus fire on the Bazel!"

Chazen aimed his bowgun towards the bazelgeuse firing paralysis shots into its neck, they watched with pride as the beast fell against the large rock wall behind the Rathalos. It shuddered as the paralysis shots courses through it.

"Oh god no..."

"Ceros what's wrong we have it pined!" Chazen proclaimed.

"Hey you get out of the way!" Ceros called to the girl.

She gazed back at him but it was too late, the bazelgeuse had been charging his scales the whole time while still and set them off against the rock... tiny comets flew everywhere as the wall tore open spilling out gushing water from the blocked waterfall.

"Titan!" The girl screamed as she and the Rathalos were swept away in the water!

Acting fast Ceros aimed his slinger sniper at a wedge beetle at the cliff edge, once it caught he reeled himself towards the edge grabbing the girl from the water by her waist before she plummeted! Her poor Rathalos called to her as he fell over the edge.

"Titan no!" Those were her last words before she fainted in Ceros arms.

"Ceros! Are you alright!"

He gripped the girl tightly as he swung back and forth over the edge.

"Aye I'm alright Grievous! Come and get us quick before I loose grip!"

Ceros gazed over the edge to see the Rathalos was gone! Perhaps he was staggered from the fall, he would send a search party for it later on as it was clearly valuable to the fleet.

Night had descended upon headquartersas the team returned from the forest, many flocked to them to see who the girl was that Ceros carried in his arms.

"Everyone stay back and clear way, I have to get her to the medical hall! Someone alert the Admiral, I'll need him there right away."

Ceros POV

I finally pushed through the crowed up people carrying the girl to the medical hall, the handlers there removed her clothes and wrapped her bruises with cold cloth to prevent swelling. They laid her down on a fresh bed and she stayed completely still...

I turned to the nurse, "when will we wake up?"

She quietly wrote down notes and replied "hard to say, her body is mostly in shock, could be a temporary coma or fainting spell. The best thing for her is just to keep her and rest and for you Ceros, just keep an eye on her."

I nodded and watched as she and the other nurses left the room, my attention then turned to the girl. Her long black hair draped over the pillow in a pony tail as her bangs rested on her head just sweeping off to the left, I gazed at the three claw scars left above her right eye... did that Rathalos do this? No, that would mean she had to have been with it at birth... it is impossible for a human to be that close to a Rathalos egg and live.

Her breathing was very gentle as she rested, who was this girl. Suddenly her eyes shot open revealing two separate colours, her left eye was an eerie white and her right way such a dark brown it could easily be mistaken for black. She lunged for me hands lightly wrapped around my throat as she pushed me to the ground straddling me with her... she didn't have any clothes on...

"Who are you?! Where's Titan?!"

I grabbed her wrists and tried to gain the upper hand without hurting her, "easy now! I'm not going to hurt you! You're in a safe place, and I don't know where your wyvern is..."

"What do you mean?! What happened? Where am I?!" She continued yelling.

"You're in Astera, the place we call headquarters for this new world... we found you in the ancient forest and I rescued you from falling off a cliff, your Rathalos I don't know where he went but I did not see him once I grabbed you... don't you remember?"

Tears swelled in her eyes, she released my throat and just sat still on my waist... I kept my eyes glued to the ceiling on the room.

"Who are you...?" She pondered

"My name is Ceros, I am the leader of the fifth fleet of hunters..."

"Hunters?! You need to call a meeting! My Titan is out there all alone! I can't have him killed please he's my baby!"

I looked at her and sat up, she slipped into my lap and buried her face in her hands, I rested my hand gently on her shoulder. "Easy now... I'll send word but I need to know who are you?"

It was then I noticed a bracelet on her hand... it was some sort of stone in the shape of a tear, in the center a blue jewel with a claw marking engraved into it, along the outside markings that represented wyverns. It was beautiful. The girl slowly gazed at me our eyes locking tightly she grasped the stone in her trembling hands.

"My name is Andorra... I am a rider."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 05, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

A Girl and her Rathalos जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें