Prolouge

Hermione's P.O.V. - 5th Year

I was cleaning up the Room of Requirement after one of the D.A. meetings when I heard something behind me.

"Hem hem," said a male voice trying - and failing - to impersonate Umbridge. I turned around and saw Fred Weasley behind me (I don't know how I am able to tell them apart). He laughed when I jumped.

"Fred!! What are you doing here?" My heart started pounding harder against my will. I'd had a secret crush on Fred since the Yule Ball last year when he comforted me after Ron had made me cry.

"I just wanted to ask you something," he looked incredibly nervous.

"What is it?" I could feel a blush rising up on my face. What could this be about?

"Hermione, do you, uhm... Hermionedoyouhaveacrushonme??"

"Uh, could you say that again please," I asked, thoroughly confused.

"Do you have a crush on me?" The blush had gotten so bad that my face was the same tone as his hair.

"Uhm..." I didn't know how to answer this. That was a first.

Fred looked crestfallen.

Fred's P.O.V.

This was the day. Today, I was going to finally ask Hermione if she liked me. I had had a crush on her ever since she had helped me produce my Patronus a few months ago. I waited for everyone to leave the Room of Requirement before I asked. Me being me, I couldn't resist some humor.

"Hem hem," she jumped.

"Fred!! What are you doing here?" My heart started pounding harder against my will.

"I just wanted to ask you something." she looked suspicious.

"What is it?" I could feel a blush rising up on my face.

"Hermione, do you, uhm... Hermionedoyouhaveacrushonme??"

"Uh, could you say that again please," she asked, thoroughly confused.

"Do you have a crush on me?" It was a simple question, what was taking so long?? Girls, they are impossible to figure out.

"Uhm..."

She didn't. I had just embarrassed myself for nothing. I started to turn when she said,

"Fred! Wait! I... I do like you. I have since last year.

I turned around. This couldn't be happening. She had an expectant look on her face like she was expecting me to laugh at her or something. Instead, I did something different.

I kissed her.

And she kissed back.

Ron is going to kill us  was the last coherent thing I thought before she pulled away with a blush and fled towards the Gryffindor common room.