𝒲𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Start from the beginning

They stopped video chatting, or even texting at all and for a while. At the time, the excuse of their busy high school schedule was good enough. Something to keep the worry of them breaking up at bay. He had been with only one guy all his high school years, and had supportive family. And he knew, deep down, that it wouldn't last forever. But a small fraction of Yoongi's being had wished and hoped for them to last a lifetime. 'xxxxxx' was all Yoongi had ever known, all he wanted and thought he'd always need.

However, he too, remembers the last time they kissed. How desperately Yoongi wanted to feel his lover of three years' lips against his own. He wasn't good with words so that kiss meant,

"do you love me anymore?"

Because he needed to know, and he knew that his boyfriend knew his own language. It was at the end of the day, and despite it being freezing cold Yoongi waited for 'xxxxxx's bus. It didn't matter if he was going to get sick or not because this was important to him. But Yoongi leaned in, hands holding the others, and the cold not bothering him; his ears burning of frost. The other flinched at Yoongi leaning in, moving his face to have Yoongi's lips hit his cheek.

He just went on his bus. That's when Yoongi knew.

And that was it. That was the last thing to set it off that things were going on. The last leaf that was finally turning over, the last of their relationship he had hope in. But of course- of-fucking-course he didn't end it. Why would he? Why would he want to get rid of his happiness despite him not actually being happy with who he loved? Because he's fucking stupid who thought that no one else would love him the way 'xxxxxx' did. Well at least that's what he had believed wholeheartedly.

So yes, in retrospect Yoongi was responsible for the bad break up. For not confronting the issues he should've when things got bad. For not breaking it off to his own accord and staying in a bad relationship that he knew was at it's brink of death.

So yes, indeed, Autumn was that season. The season that keeps coming back even as the years passed and brought back memories. Thing's you'd think Yoongi would've forgotten right? I mean. It's been about- 4 years? Four long years, but now, he's not a kid anymore. Not a high school student anymore, but the memories are persistent things.

Yoongi wasn't one to dwell onto things, however, this seemed like something to plague his mind every year. Every fall the rush of heart ache came when the leaves turned a bright array of warm colors, he could feel his hope deplete. You'd think he'd move on--it was years ago--and found someone. But that just wasn't the case.

It was a cold Friday, just the start of the month of November, where the leaves coated the sidewalks and the roads. Stuck permanently as it had just rained the night before. So the air was stuffy, cold, even with the sun shining down brightly it didn't dry the puddles or warm up the street. Altogether it was the worst weather for a night out with your friends, it was the best weather for a nice cup of coffee however. So that's what he did.

Pulling his hood over his ruffled bedhead, Yoongi walked into his favorite local café. The place was seemingly not that busy, only a couple of tables being used. Which was good, less people meant the quicker he got his coffee.

Days like this were always repetitive however. Nothing ever changes.

The instant he got into the café, the heat hit Yoongi's plush cheeks, the redness of his cheeks and nose remained. The sky seemed murky today, perhaps the world felt the same as he. Taking a seat at a booth, waiting for a waiter rather than standing in line and capturing too much attention with his sulky appearance.