Chapter 1: The Four Champions

Harleyn Potter sat at bottom of the bleacher in the Great Hall with her two friends sitting beside her. It was already late at night in the Wizarding World but with the announcement of champions happening this night, almost every students was present in the Great Hall.

"Hey, Harleyn" Hermione calls out to Harleyn, who was deep in thought.

She blinks, snapping out of her haze before turning her attention to Hermione "What is it, 'Mione?"

"Who do you think will be the champion of Hogwarts?"

Harleyn shrugs "I don't know" To be honest, she never really gave much thought to the Triwizard Tournament despite this being the first in centuries. She was just glad that she wasn't going to be involved in this one.

While the two witches were speaking, in front of the Great Hall Albus Dumbledore stood up from his seat and moved to the front to speak "Silence"

Hearing his command, the student's chattering quickly came to a stop. They sat straight up and directed their attention to the Headmaster.

With the hall completely silenced, the Headmaster began his opening speech "Now for the moment that you've all been waiting for, the champion selection" He walks up to the Goblet of Fire and touches it side.

Instantly, the goblet's blue flame became a pink and spat out a piece of burnt parchment. The Headmaster raised his hand, catching the burnt piece of parchment and he reads it before scanning the crowd. "The Durmstrang Champion is-" And announcing "Viktor Krum!

Upon hearing his name, Viktor Krum smirked as his other classmates, cheered for him. His friends patting his shoulder as he stood up and walked to the Headmaster and grasping his hand to congratulate him.

Headmaster Dumbledore gestured him to the door beside the faculty table before turning back to the goblet. With the sound of the door closing shut, the goblet's flame once again turns pink and releases another piece of burnt parchment.

Once again, the Headmaster catches the burnt parchment and announces "The champion for the Beauxbaton is... Fleur Delacour!"

The French Witch smiled, nodding back at her friends who congratulates her. She stands from her seat and walks to the Headmaster with her head held high she shook hands with him and enters the same room at the side.

Once she was out from view, the Headmaster returns his gaze to the Goblet of Fire as it's flame turns pink and released the final piece of burnt parchment. "And finally the Hogwarts' champion... Cedric Diggory!"

Cedric smiled, nodding back at his housemates before making his way to the Headmaster and shaking hands with him entering the same room as the rest of the champions did.

Once the three champions were complete, Headmaster Dumbledore turns his gaze to the crowd of students. "Excellent!" He exclaimed, his tone filled with joy. "We know have our three champions but in the end, only one will go down in history, only one will hoist this chalice of champions!"

Behind him, Minister Fudge carries the Chalice of Champions and carefully places it down on the table behind him. "This vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!" He points to the chalice.

As students stared in awe, the Severus Snape notices a spark frying from the Goblet of Fire. Headmaster Dumbledore took notice of his staring and follows it behind him.

The Goblet of Fire's flame rose up as the Headmaster slowly inched his way to it while as the students of all three schools stared in shock. Not long after he reached the goblet, it's flame turned pink and a burnt piece of parchment was spat out.

Professor Dumbledore grabs the burnt parchment and scans it before mumbling. "Harleyn Potter"

The crowd of students began whispering to each other, who? With no students coming forward, the Headmaster loudens his voice. "Harleyn Potter"

With still no movements, Albus Dumbledore snaps and shouts. "HARLEYN POTTER!"

Hermione was the first to snap out of her initial shock and shoves Harleyn out of her seat, leaving her no choice but to slowly inch her way to the Headmaster.  All the while, Ron glares at Harley, his gaze filled with pure anger.

When she finally reached the Headmaster, he hands her the piece of parchment and gives her a blank look. She tucks the burnt parchment into her robes and walks to the side room almost drowning in shame.

She pushes open the door and steps down the staircase with the Headmaster behind her. As she got down from the stairs, Harley was suddenly grabbed by the collar and shoved into a trophy case, by the Headmaster of Durmstrang.

"How did you get your name into the goblet? How?!" Headmaster Igor spat out, his face so redden with anger that it reminded her of her Uncle.

Panicked, Harleyn franticly shook her head in denial. "I didn't, I swear I didn't put my name in the goblet!"

But Headmaster Igor wasn't swayed, he grits his teeth. "Lie"

Finally, Headmaster Dumbledore seemed to take pity in Harleyn and puts a stop to his aggression. He places his hand on the other's Headmaster's shoulder and send him a look with a clear message. Stop.

Surprisingly, he does but not before giving Harleyn a last shove before letting her go. Both Headmasters ignore her as he sank down to the ground, shaken by the entire ordeal. 

While Madam Maxine doesn't even spares her a glance and looks to the minister with concern. "What do we do now, Minister?"

Minister Fudge sighed, giving Harleyn a quick glare before answering. "We have no choice but to let Ms. Potter compete in the Triwizard Tournament"

The Headmasters and the three other champions stared at him in complete shock. While as Harleyn, lowers her head and closes her eyes shut as if it would wake her from the nightmare she was in. "But I didn't even put my name in the Goblet"

~~~~~~~
First Posted -  November 5, 2018
Edited - August 5, 2022