Halloween Special

Start from the beginning

You threaded your fingers at Eevee fur, the pokemon curling more in it's sleepy state. you laughed at the spectacle the little mischievous pokemon had shown. You were about to stand up to pick up a candle for the pumpkin, when your phone rung, vibrating in the couch behind you.

Reaching for the device, you turned it on to see the notification. A message from the boss was enough for you to gently move the sleeping Eevee to the comfy sofa, who hummed but didn't wake up. Your eyes trailed the words, the smile once adorning your face took a turn of a small frown.

"Again? it's already the fifth time this week.." you mumbled agitatedly, scratching the side of your head with a groan.

Missions have gone to quite the demand for the past few days. It's been going on every night nowadays, and you'd have to change into some other clothes than your PJs. Boss had told you many times, that apparently there's been going on of of odd events going on in different areas. Yet once you had arrived in the seen, it was like a ghost town. There was literally no pokemon loitering around for you to easily lure. You would come home empty-handed all the time.

You pressed that it might just be people using their quirks for jokes and laughs, but the boss had insisted to be Pokemon.

Mimikyu, the only one who seemed to noticed your dismayed face, moved closer towards you, squeaking once more to grab your attention. This time you heard it, but didn't move to gave it it's usual pet, instead you stood up, gently brushing down your pyjama's once more.

"Sorry Mimikyu, there's somewhere I have to be now. I'll have to cut this one short alright?" You bend down a little to tell the creature, who physically deflated a bit at your answer. You walked towards the elevator, turning towards the other pokemon distracted in the room. "I'm going to leave for awhile, Please go back to my room once you're finished."

A few squealed at your words, looking at you for a bit, before they focused on their own tasks. You gave a small smile towards the pokemon still waiting in front of you, then you walked back towards your room to prepare to leave.

The costumed Pikachu watched as you left, the stuffed head on the doll feeling much more heavier than usual. Pikachu had scampered over to him, curiously looking at the disappointed creature standing in the middle of the room.

"Pika?" The mouse squeaked, as Mimikyu gave a side-gaze at the pokemon, sighing upsettingly as it dragged itself back the table. Pikachu frowned at the response, dark eyes glancing over to the stricken pokemon, as it glance at where you left.

~•~•~
31 October
You gave a long dragged sigh, as you placed a hand on your chin to cradle your head. You let out a tired yawn, as the class continued with Ectoplasm-sensei lecture about this particular algebra equation. You moved your shoulders, trying to get a small crack out of them as you focused with a frown.

Yesterday a very similar event happened, and you once again left to go home empty-handed. You gotta admit that this was taking a huge toll on your body. You had come back home only to get about 3 to 4 hours of sleep, walking to school like a zombie.

Not to mention, the Math class felt like it was dragging on for ages, but you forced yourself to focus. You weren't exactly excited to be scolded by the frightening teacher. Your eyes narrowed in thought, the pokemon that was causing a bit of trouble seriously needs to be taken care of.

"(Last)-chan? Are you okay?"

You peered up at the sweet voice, the brunette eyeing you worriedly. You must look terrible if even she wondered of your current state.

You waved her concern off, shrugging with a smile. "Ah-I'm fine. Just really tired."

The concern she held didn't deter, and she moved her seat closer to you. You just noticed how the class had gone to a friendly chatter between each other, and the teacher had already left the room to go to his next class.