Chapter 3: The Leviathan

No POV

The megalodon dives deeper. Into the depths, farther than any sea bound mamono has ever gone. But he can't tell that a water familiar is following him as he dives, darting behind rocks to avoid his gaze. It's a simple fish, but it's eye glow a bright pink. A sign that someone is controlling it. Having several pressure immunities cast upon it, it follows the last Megalodon. He suddenly stops and pulls off his necklace.

He raises it, and the shark tooth glows with and ethereal energy. A ripple shoots through an invisible bubble, and a small gateway opens. The Megalodon swims through, and the little fish speeds after him. It passes through the barrier, and it enters a village of absolute beauty.

The people watching gasp at its beauty. The fish swims around, blending in with the other large schools. They see Megalodon swim towards a large cave. He speaks up, loud enough for the fish to hear.

"Lord Leviathan! I have returned!"

Two ice blue eyes open and peer out at the Megalodon. An ancient, deep voice responds.

"Armus, you have returned. Do you have the necklace?"

"Here."

The Alpha Shark raises the necklace. The eyes gleam, and a laugh echoes from the cave. A large rumble comes through the cave. A large serpentine head shoots from the cave mouth and a long serpentine body follows. Several large fins and spines cover its body. The tip of the monsters tail flattens into a oar like shape. It's eyes peer down on the Megalodon. The Demon Lord gasps.

 The Demon Lord gasps

"Impossible!"

"What is it mother?!"

"It's... Leviathan."

"So? There are plenty of them."

"No not those. THE Leviathan. The first and original. He resisted my transformation spell, sons ago, and disappeared into the depths. As did many other ancients. The original behemoth disappeared. But he, this Leviathan, was more violent back then. I monsterized his wife. Back then, I was still young and foolish. I didn't think my actions would have consequences. And I learned that after he learned what happened. Full of fury and resentment, he took his rage out on coast side villages, summoning causing tsunamis with the powerful blows of his tail. He was also incredibly heartbroken, as his wife was angry he hadn't mated with her when she had been monsterized. So she broke their oath and went to find herself a new husband. I remember his face when I finally faced him. It was twisted with anger, fury and hate. But behind his angry demeanor, I saw his shattered heart. I was stricken with guilt for months afterwards."

"But why mother? He refused our blessing. He deser-"

"No he didn't. I want all in the world to be happy, full of love. But he wasn't. He was the opposite. Broken-hearted, and full of sorrow and rejection. I remember the battle so well, as if it was yesterday. His icy breath froze the entire coast. More tsunamis. Destruction everywhere. He was so full of hate he lashed out at anything that interrupted our battle. That includes your father, Druella. He smacked him into a cliffside with his tail, then head butted him into the ocean floor. I managed to save him and heal him, and I was overcome with fury. I charged him head on, and punched his head, with all my strength and magical energy. He didn't even flinch. All he did was snort, then he knocked me back. That day, I thought I would die. But then came my savior. The original Behemoth. It fought the Leviathan, and gave it those scars. Except for that one, over his eye. That was caused by the one he had loved so dearly. His heartbreak came to the surface and he roared in sorrow, diving back into the depths. I haven't heard of him since. His wife, is still alive, she had received his blessing, and she was granted immortality, before her monsterization. She actually realized what she did, and she's been constantly searching for him since."

Saphirette is gently weeping. She shakily says,

"That's such a sad story."

"Indeed."

Suddenly they hear them talk again.

"You know, Armus, I think it's time I return to the surface."

"Are you sure my lord?"

The Levitathan chuckles. His eyes open to see some of their old fiery excitement back.

"Yes. I believe it's time for the Lost races to return."

He roars, sending a massive shockwave through the water, sending dazed fish floating through the ocean. Then a low rumble, and several humanoids rise from the other coral houses and caves.

"Today, the Demon Lord will meet the Lost Races, and I'll finally return to see my wife."

The Leviathan smiles, staring at the milking crowd of unknown races. The only thing missing was...

Others like Armus.

Armus looks down in sadness, seeing young children playing with their parents. He remembers the day.

They day when his entire species, except for him, was wiped out.