Chapter 1

~Ashley~

When Jessica and I make it to the restaurant we were greeted by the girls and I looked around to notice that Nicole had yet to make it here.

"Sooo. Where's Nikki?" I asked as we both took our seats.

"Don't know, she said she'll be on her way but you know her, she always has to make an entrance." Melondy said.

Just as the words left her mouth Nicole strutted in with Marty trailing behind her.

"Speak of the devil." Kimberly muttered just as Nicole was getting to the table.

We all laughed and soon the waiter was at our table and taking our orders. Once he left the chatting started and it was mostly about the hotel party that was going on later tonight.

"So I know that it's us for sure but I'm not sure who else is coming." Melondy said as she took a sip of her mango slush.

"Well I know I messaged nearly my whole contact list." Jessica said.

"Yeah me too." Nicole added.

"Did they even book a room. Because all of these people deff won't fit into one room?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Of course I told them to get a room." They both replied simultaneously then looked at each other.

"Hey Mel, did you bring your DJ equipment?" Kimberly asked just as our food arrived.

"You know it. Can't have a party without killer beats." She replied drinking some of her mango tea.

"Hopefully we don't get kicked out of this hotel like last time." Nicole laughed a bit and Carmie slapped my shoulder with an "oh yeah."

"You have to admit, that was fun though." Marty said popping her head up from the menu.

"Facts. But seriously though... We can't be too wild and have a whole floor filing a noise complaint on us again." I decided to be the voice of reason.

"Right, cause honestly it's at that swanky hotel on James Street, and the last thing I need is to be getting banned from there. You have no idea how many hot CEO's go in and out that place."

"Cough, whore, cough." Jessica cut off Nicole's rant and Nicole gasped before we all laughed.

The waiter came back and took our order, and we fell into light conversation as well waited for it for to arrive.

"You know, even though tons of high profile guests visit that hotel, I also heard that the place is haunted." Kimberly said in a hushed voice.

"Leave it to you to bring up the creepy shit." Marty shook her head.

"Seriously, it's supposedly more haunted than the Roosevelt." She insisted.

"I don't believe in ghosts though." Carmie shrugged.

"Even if the place is haunted, I'm pretty sure you're exaggerating." Nicole pipped up.

"Exactly, they wouldn't keep a hotel open if it was too bad right?" Melondy asked for reassurance.

"We are gonna be fine....oh, I think that's our food." I noticed the guy coming our way with a tray full of food.

We ate and joked even more and when the waiter found out that it was Nicole's birthday he brought out their signature lava cake and ice cream that had a candle in it. We all sang happy birthday and cheered prompting her to make a wish as she blew out the candles.

"I wish for a birthday I will never forget."