Too late to back out now;

Mother was calling from down stairs.

~

Dinner was served, while I kept my eyes on my plate Billy took a sharp glance my way every so often..
I wasn't sure if it was because I actually looked like a girl tonight or if it was because I was rubbing my foot up and down is trouser covered leg.

It was brilliant the reaction I was getting, his parents and my mother were talking politics which kept them too busy to notice, Prissy stared at Jeremy and Jane and Amelia were too busy eating whatever chocolate pudding was left on their plate.

"May us children be Excused from the table?"

All parents looked our way; the halt in their conversation to finally pay attention to us.

"Maybe we could all show each other around.. become more acquainted?"

I said while looking directly at Billy,
The beads of sweat barely visible unless turned in direct light.

"Oh yes Mother and Father! We must! I would love to play with Amelia before home and I'm sure Billy and Prissy would love to stay"

Little Jane to the rescue, perfect.

We had been excused.

~

"Come on Billy, I'll show you my room"

Prissy has wandered somewhere with Jeremy and Jane and Amelia took off to the nursery to play so it just left us,

Billy looked hesitant but eventually began the climb to my bedroom at the very top of the house.

Luckily the Jones Manor was one of extremely few houses in Avonlea with electricity. You had to seriously be high in ranks to own such treasures here,
But Dakota had grown with it her entire life.

Once they reached the large bedroom, Dakota lay flat in a random position on the bed, Billy on the other hand looked around, curious. There were things in the girls bedroom he had never seen in Avonlea..
Tiny lights, sketches and photographs.. paintings.. it was truly exquisite.

Multiple strange plants all over the place, like a tiny jungle

Multiple strange plants all over the place, like a tiny jungle.. little chairs and beds for reading corners , almost one in each North, South and West, a large beautiful bed right in the middle of the wall,
A hanging bed sort of chair right by the window..
you could tell the boy was amazed. He clearly didn't get to see any other girls rooms other than his sisters.
He made his was around, stopping to look at the paintings, not sure if they were done by Dakota herself or if someone else had done them.

Dakota sat up watching his every move, he wandered over to the room without a door which revealed an ensuite with a large marble bath centred right in the middle.
More plants surrounded it.

"You have so many plants.."
He didn't even look at her..
so instead, she made her way to stand almost directly behind him,
"Bit of a green thumb"
She said, holding her hand out with her thumb up, turned to an angle.
She squinted while looking at it.

He had turned to look at her now but by this time, she was too close for him to move, barely two inches away from him, he coughed slightly as if to signal how close she was to him but instead of moving away, she moved closer.
This time he gulped, she could see his Adam's apple move up then down again she was that close.. the beads of sweat began to appear again.
She was going to crack him tonight.

"Am I making you uncomfortable Billy Andrews?"