Part Six

Saturday morning I woke up at 7am to make sure I had plenty of time to get ready and eat breakfast. I started out my morning by taking a hot shower and jamming out to Lonzo's "Get off". I was really having a blast in there when I heard a voice coming from the other side of my bathroom door.

"Who is it?!" I yelled over the music.

"It's me Brie, Danny! Breakfast is ready, mom said to hurry before it gets cold!" My brother matched my pitch.

As much as I was enjoying my shower, I would enjoy some warm breakfast a lot more so I ended my one-person-party. I got dressed in pajamas again, brushed my hair and let it air dry. When I entered the kitchen I found my brother and my mom already eating.

"Wow you guys didn't wait for me?" I pretended to be offended.

"Morning sweetie! Sorry, we didn't know how long your shower was going to be so we went ahead and started without you. Serve yourself a plate and join us!" Ma said.

I grabbed a plate and filled it with a waffle and fresh fruit. On my way to the table I stopped by the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

"So what is the plan today?" Ma asked Danny and I.

We looked at each other for a few seconds deciding who was going to answer first.

"I have some friends coming over later for a barbecue so I'm just going to stay home. " Danny said casually.

Then they both looked at me.

"I'm actually going to Hollywood with Lonzo today. I should be back early tonight." I replied.

"Oh well that's too bad. I was hoping to get some time with my babies before they finish growing up but I guess I missed that train." Ma said with a hint of disappointment.

"Maybe I'll call Tina and see if she wants to go to the spa with me today." She added.

"Hey Ma, when is Dad coming back?" I asked

"His seminar is over tomorrow night so he will probably fly in Monday morning." She replied.

"About time! I swear, Dad is always working. He needs to make time for us too." Danny added.

"Yeah we talked about it, but you know your dad. His goal has always been to give you and your sister everything so let's not be ungrateful. Hopefully I'll be able to talk him into going on Vacation soon!" She replied.

Right as she finished her sentence her phone rang.
"Sorry guys, I have to take this. I'll be right back." Ma said and got up from the table.

"Mami, hola! Como esta?" Ma said on the phone as she walked out of the kitchen.

"So how are things with Lonzo?" Danny asked shoving a piece of watermelon in his mouth.

"So far so good. We told his parents about us last night." I said.

"Oh. So you guys are serious?" He sounded surprised.

I'm not going to lie, that kind of offended me. "Uh yeah, aren't relationships supposed to be serious?" I said with sass.

"I mean yeah. Don't take it the wrong way Brie. I'm happy for you it's just all kind of random.." he trailed off.

"How is it random?" I asked.

"To be honest, I thought you liked Gelo. I mean I'm pretty sure he likes you so if anything, I would've expected you two to end up together. Not you and Lonzo." Danny commented.

"Oh my gosh! What's with everybody telling me I should've dated Gelo! Why is it such a surprise that Zo likes me? Is he too good for me or something?" I argued.