twenty

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up with Peter next to me. I don't remember much from last night, but I'm pretty sure we watched a movie and then fell asleep.

It was Saturday, so we had no school today. Thank god.

School was fine, but I missed just hanging around the tower all day. I loved hanging out with the different Avengers, plus Bucky and I would always play UNO.

He always won. I think he cheated, because, somehow, he always had the +4 cards.

I got up and walked into my bathroom and looked in the mirror. My hair was messy, but I didn't really care. I pulled a brush out of a drawer, and started gently brushing it. When it was less messy, I put the brush back into the drawer.

"Hi (Y/n)," I heard Peter mumble. I looked over at him to see that he was sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

"Hi Pete," I said, sitting next to him.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I slept fine. You?" I asked.

"Great. I love sleeping with you," he said, quietly. I smiled.

"What time is it?" I asked. Peter pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"10. We should probably go downstairs," he said. I internally groaned as I stood up. Peter sleepily followed me out of my room and down the stairs.

"Good morning kids," Steve said as we walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning Steve," Peter and I said at the same time.

"How'd you lovebirds sleep?" He asked cheerily.

"I want to go back to sleep," Peter said, sitting at the island and leaning on it.

Suddenly, the alarm rang, and Peter shot up.

"Crap. Mission," Steve said, running out of the kitchen.

"(Y/n), you're staying here," Tony said, rushing into the kitchen.

"What? Why?" I asked. I noticed that Peter had run out of the kitchen.

"The last time you came on a mission with us you were almost taken by HYDRA. Stay here," Tony explained. He ran out of the kitchen.

"Stupid," I mumbled to myself as I sighed and walked back to my room. Once I left the kitchen, everyone was gone.

What's even happening? It seemed kind of serious.

I decided to turn on the TV and watch the news. They'll probably be reporting on whatever this is.

"Villain attacking small town in Manhattan. He calls himself 'Crossbones'. The Avengers seem to be handling it, but it seems like he has help," the news lady said.

On the screen, a man in a mask was beating up Cap, while many soldiers were fighting off the rest of the Avengers. They had advanced weapons, and the Avengers didn't seem to be doing too great.

I should go help them, I thought. I had no idea where these guys came from. They could be from HYDRA, for all I know.

Suddenly, I got a text.

Tony: kid we nee d you. comefast

How did he have time to text me? And why was the grammar so bad?

I shrugged it off and ran to my room. I pulled out a box from under my bed.

It was my "uniform" from HYDRA. The black dress, black socks, and (f/color) leather jacket.

I let out a deep breath and changed. I slipped on some black fingerless gloves that were on my dresser, and headed out.

I quickly flew to Manhattan, and I saw the Avengers fairly quickly.

Nat and Sam were down, and Bucky was almost down too.

Cap was still putting up a fight, while Clint, Tony, and Peter were almost done.

Wanda and Pietro were nowhere to be seen. Weird.

"Kid!" I heard Tony say before he was knocked out by one of the soldiers.

"Hands off," I said quietly. I used my telekinesis to fling the soldier backwards.

"We have an advanced," one of the soldiers said into his earpiece.

I glared at him, and shot him with a ball of power. One down, eight to go.

Clint shot an arrow, but it hit me instead. I guess when he's injured, his aim is bad.

"What the fuck?" I asked, pulling the arrow out of my arm.

"Shit, sorry," Clint said. I rolled my eyes and stabbed one of the soldiers with the arrow.

Two down.

-

I fought until I was left with one more. Crossbones.

The other Avengers were all down. The only one that wasn't either too hurt to walk or passed out was Tony, but he didn't want to risk getting hurt even more.

"You're the (Y/n) girl that everyone talks about," Crossbones said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Oh, you don't need to know that. But I know you, 707," he said. I could tell that he was smirking under that mask.

"And what about it?" I asked in a sassy tone.

"Hm. Even hotter in person," he said in a menacing tone.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. I walked up to him and punched him in the face. He was knocked out immediately. I quickly used my telekinesis to fling him into the side of a building.

"You did it," Tony said, limping up to me. I smiled weakly at him. Then, I fell to the ground and blacked out. Classy. 

"Kid? Can you hear me?" I heard Tony said. My eyes fluttered open as I woke up from my deep sleep. 

"What happened?" I asked, sitting up. I was on a table. 

"You blacked out," Tony replied. 

"Huh, weird. Did you guys find Wanda and Pietro?" I asked, hopping off the table. 

"Uh, yeah. Kid, you need to rest," Tony said, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

"Why? I feel fine," I said with a shrug. 

"Interesting. You must have some sort of rapid healing, because you took a pretty nasty fall back there," Tony said, rubbing his chin. I shrugged again and walked out of the room, which turned out to be Tony's lab. 

"Hi beautiful. Are you okay?" Peter asked. He was sitting in the living room reading a book. 

"Yeah," I said, sitting next to him. He put his arm around me, and I rested my head on his shoulder.