Last Part (Wattpad Update)

Arnav looks at his family, they were still in shock after what conspired here sometime ago. Khushi is snuggling with Anya in her arms and Adi was also hovering around them. He smiles looking at them, he looks around one more time and sighed. Police took a struggling Sheetal and Rohit with them, after that Arnav asked Abhi to take his father to his room as he felt that they both needed sometime alone.

_________________

Abhi needed his father's love, his assurance that he is not alone, the child must be devastated after discovering true face of his mother. The mother who tried to kill his own father, the mother who pushed him to live a life, deprived of his parent's love. She ignored his yearning for his father and instead used him as means to fulfill her own selfish needs. If it wasn't for Anjali, the amount of love he received from her.

___________

He stopped thinking all that as his thought went to Anjali, he knows she must be completely shattered right now. She went to her room as soon as police took Sheetal away and didn't come out for once. He looks at Khushi once more before standing up and walking away from there.

Arnav knocked on the door slightly after debating with himself for a while and walked inside when he found the door open. He tries to look around but the room was pitch dark, his fingers moves on the wall to look for the switchboard and he switched on the light. His eyes stopped at the figure sitting beside the bed, her hands encircling her legs and her chin on her knees. Anjali was gazing at nothing in particular and tears were flowing from her eyes.

Arnav gulped, he know he shouldn't feel the way he is feeling but once this woman used to be his whole world. She was always beside him from childhood and loved him as mother. He knows that when he needed her to trust him, to support him, she failed him but he also knows that she have also suffered for that. Contemplating, for a while he finally walked closer and sits beside her, silently.

They both continued to sit there for a while, without a word, looking at anywhere but each other. Anjali, finally started speaking, still looking at the wall opposite her "You must really hate me." Arnav sadly chuckles "I can't do that, even if I really want to."

Anjali's head turned to look at him "Chotte, I..." Arnav interrupted her "That doesn't mean that you can call me that again. That name is really close to my heart and you don't get to call me that again." Anjali gulped as she nodded with lowered eyes "I am sorry. I know, no amount of my apologies will be enough to undo whatever I did, to undo the pain and hurt I have caused you, Khushi ji and our family but please try to forgive me if you can."

She leaned back to the bed to support her back "You know I have always loved you. I never wanted to be the reason of your pain but I unknowingly I ended up doing same. Trust me, I wanted to support you, I wanted to trust you but after what happened with Shyam and our own father. I felt difficult to trust especially when I knew how hopelessly you were in love with Khushi. The reports proved that you were his father and I just couldn't let my chotte's blood to live like an orphan, just the thought of it made my heart twist painfully."

Arnav sighed "There is no use of talking all this. No explanation and reasons of yours can ever be enough to justify what you did, to justify how you left my side when I needed you to trust me, how you tried to separate me from my reason to breathe, my Khushi. I don't think everything can go back to however it used to be ever again."