CHAPTER FIVE; CANT SAY NO/Freya

Start from the beginning

“So it’s all right? What time do I come pick you up?”

“My last class ends at three o’clock. Wait, do you even know where the university is?”

“Freya. Have you ever heard of GPS?” says Conor and I can hear him mocking me.

“Shut up, okay?” I laugh. “So you’ll find your way to the university, cool. I’ll see you then?”

“Yeah, see you”, he says and hangs up.

I can’t help but smile like an idiot as I walk back to my friends. Skye raises her perfectly curved eyebrows but doesn’t say a word. Instead it’s Liam who speaks up. “Was it Conor?”

I stare at him in a shock. “Why do you care?” I almost spit the words at him.

“I was just asking! I don’t see why you’re so upset about that…”

I squeeze my lips together. “I’m sorry.”

Just to clear up, Liam is my ex-boyfriend. We used to date last summer and well, last October we broke up. He had been fucking some stupid slut he had met at some club. He had the heart to tell about it to me himself, though, so I think it didn’t end up as bad as it could have. Of course I was absolutely mad at him and immediately broke up with him. But now as the time has gone by we’re okay. At least I talk to him and all, but I can’t trust him the way I used to.

Liam doesn't say anything, only looks away from me puling his hand through his hair. Luckily, Holly is smart enough to change the subject and we're like nothing even happened. Soon we realise it’s the time for us to get back inside to our classes. I’m having film studies. Liam has the same course so we start heading to our classroom together in silence.

“On a scale from zero to ten”, Liam suddenly begins, “how mad are you still at me?”

“I’m not mad at you, Liam”, I sigh. “I just can’t trust you that’s all. And like I said, I’m sorry about that raging thing I had…”

“Oh. It’s cool. Look, I just wanna say that I fucking hate myself for messing up everything with you”, he says.

Okay, what the fuck is this? The only time he had been acting like this was when I broke up with him. Suddenly I feel really uncomfortable around him. “Yeah, well you should’ve been thinking about that when you decided to shag that little hoe”, I say sharply and leave him walking alone in the corridor.

The last twenty minutes of my last class are an agony. I keep looking at the clock on the wall every other minute. When the minute hand finally strikes three, I rush out of the class room. As I walk rapidly through the corridors, I dial Conor’s number.

It doesn’t take long for him to answer. “Hi, Freya.”

“Hi, I was just wondering if you’re already waiting for me?”

“Yeah, we’re at the parking lot. Where are you now?”

“Almost at the front door. Why?”

“I’ll be standing outside the car, so you should find it easily”, he says.

“Oh, that’s really kind of you.”

Conor lets out a little laugh. “I’ll see you in a minute.”

“Yeah, see you!”

I drop my cell phone back to my bag as I hear a really familiar voice calling me.

“Freya! God damn it, stop walking bitch!” Holly yells at me. I turn around just to see her and Skye running towards me and looking like retards.