CHAPTER FIVE; CANT SAY NO/Freya

It is such a typical Tuesday. We’re having a lunch break, me and my friends Skye, Holly, Liam and Noah. We’re sitting outside our school and Skye is still dying to know more about Conor and our “date” on Saturday.

“Like I’ve told you, nothing happened. We’re only friends, and it’s cool like that”, I explain sighing.

Skye doesn’t look pleased. “I know you’re not telling me something.”

She is right. I’m not telling her something, but it’s only because it was extremely hard to admit it to myself. And even now I can’t fully accept it. I think, or more like am afraid, that I might be falling for Conor. There’s just something about him that makes me think about him all the time.

“Fucking hell, that happened again!” Skye sighs and gives me annoyed look.

“What?” I ask.

“That thing you have been doing, like, since yesterday maybe. Just as if you’d drift away with your own thoughts or something…”

“Skye, calm yo’ tits”, Noah says with a fag in his mouth. His blond hair looks messy under his green snapback, his eyes have the usual misty look and he has a carefree grimace on his face. “That’s nothing serious so stop being such a drama queen and take a fag.”

She glares at the cigarette pack which Noah is offering to her. For a while she looks like she might collapse and even take one. But instead she says, disgusted: “How can you seriously be smoking? Like, that’s fucking gross.”

Noah shrugs. “Do I look like I care?”

“Well you should.”

“Shut it, both of you. I hate how you always start arguing about that”, Holly snaps. She turns to look at me for a little help.

“Yeah, and it’s actually Noah’s own decision if he wants to smoke and shit”, I say. Suddenly my phone starts ringing. As I pick it up I see it’s Conor calling. So because of all the reasons I say: “I’ll be right back”, and walk a little further so that any of them won’t hear me speaking with him.

“Heyy”, I answer.

“Hi, wassup?” he says happily. A smile creeps on my face.

“Well, I’m having a lunch break so that’s what’s up. Basically. How about you?”

“I went to the gym and I’m gonna have some interview soon and after that I have absolutely nothing to do.”

“Aww, poor you. Hey, you know I still have your clothes?” I say, hoping that he would come to pick them up or something. Then I could even see him. And talk to him. Face to face, I mean.

“Yeah, don’t worry about them.”

“Oh”, I say trying not to sound disappointed. “So why are you calling?”

“Umm. Since I have nothing left to do after the interview, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?” Conor asks sounding hopeful.

Shit. I had planned to go straight home after the school day would end and escape to my shed at our backyard and do some dancing. Maybe finish the choreography for Show Me The Money. But now he is asking if I want to chill with him after school. So he wants to see me. Oh my god. How am I suppose to say no to him?

“Yeah why not? Where should we meet?”

“I’ll come pick you up”, he says casually.

“What? Are you serious?”

“Yeah. You’ve seen my place, now I wanna see where you live.”

“Noo”, I say laughing. “Well, whatever. Yeah.”