I Didn't Mean To (smut)

Start from the beginning

"I met another up and coming singer, he's giving me tips!" I both breathed a sigh of relief and rolled my eyes at this. One, it meant Troye wouldn't be coming to seek me out any time soon, but two, it felt good to know I hadn't been that far off in his taste in men. Of course he wasn't interested romantically, just intellectually. Leave it to Troye to make even meeting guys at a bar a business affair.

After replying to the text with just a bunch of emojis, I settled back into my place at the bar. Occasionally the bartender would ask me about refills, but I decided to keep it at this. I wasn't drunk, just pleasantly buzzed. I'd like to be able to keep my coherent thought tonight, mostly to see where this thing with Troye and singer-guy went.

As it turned out, watching them was a pretty boring way to spend my night. They didn't flirt or do anything interesting, they literally just sat there discussing whatever all-important singing tips this idiot had to offer. I was about ready to slip off the bar-stool and chug some alcohol into my system in hopes of making the remainder of my night interesting enough to make up for this bore-extravaganza, when the first sign of movement occurred. I watched the bearded guy raise his hand into the air, waving as he called the bartender over. Troye was just barely twenty-one, his birthday had been two weeks ago. He wasn't usually one for drinking, only drinking a couple Budlight Limes at is own birthday party, when everyone else got totally shitfaced. I wonder if he'll order something to impress bearded guy or just ask for water. 

I kept my eyes glued on the bartender as he fluttered around, grinning to myself like an idiot when he carried a pitcher of water back over to both of them. It shocked me sometimes how level-headed Troye could be, even under peer-pressure. He was more mature than I'd ever be, despite the age difference. On the upside, I guess that meant I'd never have to worry about him when we were out at clubs or anything. That didn't stop me from worrying, mind you, but at least I knew I didn't have to. 

"Tyler!" I looked up, grinning at the incoming Mamrie. She was giggling like an idiot as she barreled into my chest, mumbling incoherently about some guy that had tried to take her home. I rolled my eyes, simply asking why she didn't take him up on his offer, but apparently that was too 'slutty'. She was still mumbling quietly to me when a loud familiar laugh from across the bar had my eyes darting over there. This was the first time the guy had succeeded in making him show any sort of reaction at all. I watched curiously, surprised to see Troye breaking down into a full-on laughter fit. He was clutching his sides and leaned over, making me feel slightly jealous I hadn't been the one to crack whatever joke this guy had. I lived to make Troye laugh like that, and up until now, I'd been the only one capable of it. I let my eyes break away from Troye's wavering form, instead landing back on the man beside him to glare. My glare turned into a look of shock when I seen his hand hovering over Troye's drink, my jaw dropping as I watched his fist unfold and a small array of capsules fall out of it. Pills. He was freaking drugging Troye's drink! 

"Tro-" My shout was cut off when Mamrie once again collapsed onto my chest, droning on about stupid slut guy again. I pushed her off as gently but as urgently as I could, watching in horror as the guy held the cup out to Troye. My Troye. 

"Tylerr?" Mamrie slurred, confused on the floor as I pounced over her and started jogging around the bar. The glass had already met with Troye's lips and my window of opportunity was running out if I wanted to save him.

"Troye!" I shouted, managing to get the entire name now. Troye didn't move the glass to respond though, just nodding in my direction before taking up gulping down the soiled drink. The bearded guy turned around too, looking at me like a deer caught in headlights as I ran the rest of the distance to Troye's side. I skidded to a halt beside him, practically ripping the glass from his mouth and slamming it down on the bar. I could hear shuffling behind me, bearded guy obviously panicking as he realized what I was doing here. I spun around before even explaining myself to Troye, hauling back and bringing my fist across the guy's jaw. He gasped, along with Troye behind me, and I watched proudly as he crumpled to the floor. The bartender was rushing over to inspect the situation now, others running over to watch what they thought was developing into a fight. Instead, I turned away from the guy and back to Troye, bring a hand up to cup his cheek.