six

Peter stared at the table as Tony walked back into the kitchen, Pepper trailing behind him.

"Good morning, Peter," Pepper spoke softly, a smile tugging at her lips.

Peter gave a small nod, acknowledging the greeting. He took him a moment to find his voice, "Good morning, Miss Potts."

Pepper served herself breakfast as an awkward silence filled the room.

Peter knew that Tony and Pepper cared for him, but it hurt to see them talking about him as if he was a kicked puppy.

He didn't want to be the burden that stopped them from being happy.

"Hey, Pete." Tony suddenly spoke, alarming Peter.

"Huh—yeah, Mr. Stark?" Peter rapidly said.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Lost in my thoughts," Peter said, calming down.

"Alright, well," Tony nodded, but his eyes showed concern. "When do you think you should go back to school? When you are ready, of course."

Peter stayed quiet for a moment. When Uncle Ben died, he went back to school as soon as possible.

That wasn't the best idea. He was on the edge of screaming, breaking.

He almost hurt someone. It didn't matter what Flash had done to him, he was trying to apologize yet he attempted to attack him.

Maybe going to school right away wasn't the best idea but he knew he wouldn't stay out of school for long.

"A week? Or 2? I mean last time I went to school after Ben died, it didn't go too well." The words of Peter's sentences turned into whispered that could barely be deciphered.

Before Tony could reply, Pepper cut in. "Are you sure, honey? You don't have to go right away, you know."

"I know, I just... I just don't want people worrying about me." Peter whispered, "I also don't want to make up so much work."

Another silence loomed over the trio, Tony chose his next words carefully. "If you are ready by then, you're free to go."

Pepper nodded in agreement, but Peter could tell she would rather him wait longer

"I, uh, can I be excused?" Peter sheepishly asked, looking around the kitchen.

"Of course, Pete." Tony nodded, watching as Peter got up and bolted to his room.

Peter stared at the bright light reflecting off of the small device in his hands.

He was scrolling through his camera roll. He was looking at pictures of his Uncle Ben.

A small knock on the door let Peter escape his thoughts. "Come in," He whispered, hoping the person on the other side could hear.

Which they did because the door cracked open. "Hey, Pete. How're you doing?"

He stayed quiet for a couple seconds, staring blankly at the person. Mr. Stark.

"O-oh, hey, Mr. Stark. I'm okay," He stuttered out, a blush making its way to his cheeks. "Sorry," He mumbled, looking back at his phone.

"Yeah, yeah, what's up?" Tony asked, hesitantly. He stared at the kid as if he could see right through him.

Sure, Peter can't hide his emotions well or lie well, but that didn't mean he did not have walls up.

It was quiet for seconds before Peter could muster up the courage to ask the question. "Can I see my Uncle Ben's grave? Please?"

"To...day?" Mr Stark questioned, confusion displayed on his face.

"I mean... yeah. But, if you can't, that's okay. We can go another time or not at all." Peter quickly said, worried if he said something wrong.

"What? No, no, no. We can go today, it was a little surprising that's all." Tony reassured Peter, "May I ask... why?"

"Oh... okay." Peter nodded, "It is getting close to his uh... like his anniversary... his death anniversary."

i'm alive lol... i don't have an excuse as to why i haven't been updating so i'm sorry guys. and this chapter is short and bad idk. but imma make peter suffer next chapter.

have u guys noticed that tony never called peter "peter" in this book hehe, only like pete or kid.

idkkkk