Chapter 3

^^This is Della's hair

🌼
Della's POV

It's half an hour after school and it's been three days since my breakdown in the bathroom.
            After I left the bathroom that day I sat on the roof of the school building and watched as the colours in the sky changed. I was cloud watching that day. It was so peaceful to look at the different shapes that the light and dark shades made up high. I remember it clear as day.

I'm walking home at the moment and I'm nervous because my father hasn't done anything. He hasn't even glanced at me in almost two days. I haven't had another beating since the night before my breakdown. I'm nervous because if he realises that he hasn't done anything he'll hurt me even more.
        I'm walking down my street that my house is on, at the very end. Three doors...two doors..one door away. I take a long deep breath before heading inside.
         I shut the door behind me and look around the house for any signs of 'him'. Almost all the lights are off but the living room and my fathers study. I'm guessing that he's in his study.
        I walk into the living room and look around. The room smells of weed and beer but with a dusty feel to it. The curtains are shut and covered in dust and I think mould. The walls are the same and they look damp, like someone had thrown water over them and not bothered to clear it up. You can see the fag burns on the carpet from where he'd put them out. Most of the budds were still on the floor because he couldn't be bothered to pick them up. The TV has a large crack in it and you can hardly see the coffee table. The table is covered in empty beer and vodka bottles, half full and half empty. The rest is covered in old food from weeks ago and so is the sofa. The table also has bongs, packets and coins from a long time ago.  
            The door of the study flew open and my father came down the stairs to grab another beer bottle but he's seen me. He's looking at me while I'm backing up slowly so he can't get me. He slams the beer bottle down on the table and comes towards me. He grabs me by the hair and smacks my head against the wall.
            "Where were you?!, YOUR AN HOUR LATE AND HAVEN'T MADE DINNER YET!!" He says as my head hit the wall again.
            "I was walking and lost track of time, I'm sorry" I say, my voice shaky.
            "NO! You were SLUTING around with someone!" He pushes me to the floor and got on top of me. He starts throwing punches at my face and jaw. He gets up and starts to kick me in the stomach and ribs. "You disgust me! Now, go and make dinner for me and clean this place up, I'm having visitors!" He yells while I'm still trying to get up of the floor.
             Malcom, known as my father stomps away to his study while I've got to clean up all his mess and make dinner.

I get up and start to get to work on dinner, while it's cooking I'll clean up.
          I finished the dinner by putting the chicken in the oven and clicking the timer. 'I guess I'll start cleaning' I thought.
********************

🍂
Xavier's POV

I just got of the phone with my dad about the girl that I have to find. I don't even know what she looks like so how am I meant to find her.
         Apparently she's the last of her kind. I didn't even know that it was possible to be like that. Anyway, 'legend' has it that she's immortal like us and she can't be killed. How is that even possible! I really do hope I find he. It would be amazing to meet a centuries old goddess.
         It's been three days since the girl in that hoodie and I feel guilty for some reason. Why?, I have no idea. I was only poking her with a pencil. What's so bad about that!
         My parents and uncle are getting ready to go to dinner with one of their gang members, Mike, no...
Micky,no...
"Xavier we're leaving to go to Malcolm's, we'll be back later, love you" My mum, Tabatha says as she's making her way out the door. 'Ah,that's it. Malcolm!'
    "Ok mum. Love you too, bye" I say back.
I'm surprised Malcolm is still in my dads gang since he said that his wife died. Whatever.
********************