"Yeah, you're not smiling," Emerald teased, "you are in love," she said prolonging every syllable.

"Whatever Ems, I'm so not," I replied, waving a hand at her, "by the way why are you the one who gave me this?"

"Because Claude's busy practicing for Track?" Emerald suggested, "I really dunno A but Claude was pretty sure we'd see each other today so he asked me to give that to you."

I absentmindedly craned my neck and surveyed the surroundings, hoping to catch a glimpse of Aiden.

Dang, I didn't see Aiden Walker anywhere today. I felt embarrassed at my disappointment but it's a good thing no one could hear my thoughts.

At least there's something to look forward to when I get home, and by home I meant London's house. I'm also not telling my family or my friends but deep inside I'm still hoping to remember something.

"Are you looking for someone Asia?" Emerald asked as she snapped her fingers in front of my eyes.

"Nope, not really," I lied.

Emerald snorted as she raised a brow at me, "yeah, whatever liar," she replied, "by the way, I may be biased because I hated Aiden before but what I can tell you is that he was a great guy, he made you smile and laugh and your family loved him too," Emerald added as she placed a hand on top of mine which was sitting on top of the box.

I smiled at her in appreciation. I was right Aiden wasn't a bad boyfriend. If only I could remember what caused my parents to hate him or for our relationship to go downhill.

"Thanks Ems, I'm really happy that you sort of don't hate him anymore," I said smiling.

"Yeah well maybe I hate him just a little bit now," she replied with a wink and I laughed at that.

~

I stood there by the parking lot, box in hand and all. I swore I would never open it until I got to my room, if only London would drive by fast enough so I could get this suspense over with.

"Asia?" Someone called.

I felt the churning of my stomach once again. I was pretty sure I knew who owned that voice. I slowly glanced at his direction, willing myself to conceal my smile and hide my feelings that were threatening to burst out and scream at him.

"Aiden? Wow, it's been a long time," I said. Damn it, my whole crushing over him thing is making me self conscious, "how's Christmas break?"

He shrugged with that ever handsome smile of his, "it was good, but I've had better Christmases."

I wonder if one of those better Christmases was when we were together. I wonder when we started dating? When I overheard my classmates talking about us they mentioned that we dated over summer last year. Did we started liking each other then? Or did everything happened during summer? The questions are endless and I have no answers for anything at all.

I nodded at his direction, still feeling quite dazed.

"How are you getting home?" He prodded as he walked closer to me and I was pretty sure he noticed me hugging the box closer to my body as if to protect it.

"Erm, London," I replied.

"What's that you're holding?" He asked with a suspicious look on his face.

"Nothing important," I answered him coolly, but I knew deep inside my heart was pounding hard. How embarrassing would it be if Aiden saw this "memory box" of us? Did he even know this existed?

Aiden smirked as he brought his thumb to his chin in a thinking pose, "you know A, I don't really believe you, because whatever that is you're holding is getting me really curious."