• Chapter 17 •

Guanlin's POV
It was like any other normal day, working at the restaurant.  Looking at the couple being very lovey dovey.  Seeing Na-Ri have that face that she'd have every time she saw me when we used to date.  Except, she was looking at Seonho.  I got even more distracted just by looking at them.

"Guanlin, are you okay?"I looked at Na-Ri to see she had a shocked face.

She placed the plates that she was holding on a nearby counter and ran towards me.  I felt pain from my head and realized that I hit my head on an open refrigerator.

Who left the refrigerator open?

"I'm so sorry, chef for leaving the refrigerator opened,"One of the chefs ran towards me and closed the refrigerator.

"Guanlin, are you okay?"Na-Ri asked once again.

"Yes, I'm fine,"I nodded.

"Look at you.  You have a knot on your forehead,"Na-Ri shook her head. "Let's go get a first aid kit."

We walked over to a first aid kit in the kitchen.  When she went to grab it,  I stopped her.

"It's not a big deal. I'm okay, Na-Ri,"I rubbed my forehead and laughed it off.

"Are you sure?"Na-Ri placed her hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and gestured her to go.  I walked back to where I was cooking to see that the food was surprisingly not burnt.  It was close to being finished, so I waited a little longer and then I placed the food on a dish.  I called in a waiter to come pick it up and continued to do another order.

"Guanlin, are you okay?"Seonho ran towards me. "Do you need medicine?"

"Yes I'm fine and no I don't need medicine,"I continued to cook.

"Are you mad or upset about something?"

"No.  I'm fine,"I half smiled.

"Well, if there's something wrong. Just let me know.  We're best friends, right?"

Right, but there is something wrong.  You're dating the girl I want to date.

"Right,"I smiled.

It's going to be one long day again.

After Work

Guanlin's POV
I was handing out the paychecks while Seonho and Na-Ri were cleaning up the restaurant.  They seemed happy.  All the employees thought they were cute together.

"I want a relationship like that,"One of the waitress said to another.

"Me too,"The other waitress said.

I want that, too.

After handing out the paychecks, I helped Seonho and Na-Ri clean everything up.  They were giggling and smiling. 

I remember when we were like that.  I shouldn't have broken up with her.

"You guys are a great couple,"I smiled at them.

"Thanks Guanlin!"Seonho hugged Na-Ri.

"Guanlin, you look like you're a bit down lately and I thought maybe it's because you need someone in your life.  I set you up with a blind date with someone I talk to a little at college that I thought you'd be good with,"Na-Ri smiled.

Blind date?  Does she really not like me that much anymore?

"Oh, alright,"I half smiled. "When will it be?"