Introduction

─── ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ───

─── ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ───

Bittersweet Introduction

─── ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ───

          The town of fair Riverdale had always been a bit strange. It was a fact that was known far and wide by all of the residents, whether they were the high strung perfectionists on the Northside or the gang members that littered the South. Plain and simple, Riverdale was a strange place to live, but it had never been dangerous. At least, not until the death of Jason Blossom and the domino effect of catastrophe that began the day his body was found against the banks of Sweetwater River.

          Brooke Holliday, despite her best attempts to just mind her own business and stay out of the trouble that came afloat with the mystery of the Blossom boy's death, had been right in the thick of things at the beginning of the year. It was laughable, how fast she got involved, and that was most likely all due to the people she was involved with. From her lifelong neighbors, Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper, to her closest childhood friend, Jughead Jones, to even her budding friendship with New York transfer, Veronica Lodge, it was almost too easy to be involved in the underground goings on of Riverdale, whether it was safe or not. But with the death of Clifford Blossom, Jason's father and murderer, Brooke wondered if she was going to get at least maybe, like, a month off of sleuthing and running around in the dark.

          But with the early morning shot that nearly took the life of Fred Andrews, Brooke Holliday knew that true evil was beginning to seep into the once safe town that she'd always known. And with the surface of the mysterious and vengeful Black Hood came the final light to the fuse on the Northside's feud with the Southside in a way that threatened to combust the entire town at the seams. So, naturally, because the feud was something she should have stayed out of, Brooke found herself in the thick of it, all because of a Southside Serpent that she most definitely should have avoided.

⋆ ✩

Virginia Gardner as Brooke Holliday
❛This scary tough guy act isn't going to work.❜

─── ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ───

─── ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ───

Author's Note: Look, I have an unhealthy attachment to Sweet Pea and the other Serpent kids, okay? I was originally going to not watch this show past the season one finale, but uh, clearly that didn't play out. I get that Riverdale isn't everyone's cup of tea, so lemme tell you that you don't actually have to read this. Crazy, right? I have a wicked bad love/hate relationship with this show because I lowkey love trash television and shitty teen mystery dramas and I also adore the Serpent kids (by that I mean Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni).