The man didn't seem to be aware that I was even in the cell. He was in the fetal position, whimpering pathetically as his body shuddered. This was wrong. I doubted this pathetic little man on the floor deserved what was happening to him, but my fingers twitched in anticipation nonetheless. I approached him slowly, only a couple feet away when he finally took notice of me.

He cried out as he tried to scurry away, but I gently shushed him, giving him a reassuring smile. I stepped closer and lowered myself onto my knees. "Shush now, that's quite enough. It's okay," I said softly, reaching out my hand and placing it on his trembling arm.

He eyed me warily, as if I were a poisonous snake that was going to bite him at any moment. That thought brought a small smile to my lips. I suppose that was exactly what I was. I stroked his arm in a soothing manner with one hand as I placed my other against his forehead. He flinched beneath my touch, but he made no other attempt to escape.

"I won't lie to you, Atticus. This is going to hurt unlike anything you've ever felt before, but if you cooperate it will be over in a blink of an eye. Though, to be perfectly honest, I hope you don't."

Without another word, I went to work, diving right into his mind. His howls of pain were so much louder than before. The combination of them and the sensation that always buzzed through my body when using my powers, coursed through my veins. It left me feeling so light and free that I felt as if I could simply float away. It was divine, but as much as I wanted to enjoy it, I knew I had a task.

Voldemort had been correct. The walls in the mind of Atticus Fimble were indeed strong. Even I was finding it slightly difficult to slip around them. There was nothing of interest as the first of his memories began to play out before me, but he was holding on tightly to one in particular. I pushed harder, barely registering his screams any longer as he fought me harder than anyone ever had.

Interesting, I thought. Finally, with one last forceful push on my part, the memory played out.

A familiar pink haired woman slid into a booth opposite of Atticus, giving him a friendly smile. So Voldemort had been fed correct information... A moment later, Lupin joined Tonks, sitting quite close to her.

"Thank you for meeting with us, Atticus. I know you're quite busy and these are dangerous times. Especially for those of us who do not support You Know Who's cause," Lupin said quietly, as if he were afraid of being overheard. Tonks was taking precautionary glances across the room now and then, as if they were expecting Voldemort himself to jump out and kill them on the spot.

"Did you bring payment?" Atticus asked nervously.

"Yes, of course. It's the agreed amount, but you can count it if you'd like," Lupin replied, handing over a small velvet bag of what I assumed was money.

"No, no. That's quite alright. The quicker we complete this transaction, the better," said Atticus. "I do feel that its prudent to once again remind you of how dangerous this item can be. It's use should not be taken lightly."

"We heard you then first ten times you told us," Tonks said with an eye roll. Atticus held a box out which Lupin took gently, as if whatever was inside was fragile.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, old friend," said Lupin as he slid out the booth with Tonks following behind me.

"If you don't mind me asking, Remus. Who do you intend on using such a thing on?"

"Goodbye, Atticus. Thank you for your help. It will not be forgotten," Lupin replied.

"I made it through, and he has had no affiliation with the Order, my lord," I lied, my voice smooth and confident. I stood up, dusting off the front of my pants as the man stared up at me in pained confusion. I had gotten what I needed from the experience, and I didn't particularly care to help Voldemort more than necessary. At least now Atticus Fimble would be released back into the world, though I doubted he'd be the same after what he had gone through in the Malfoys' cellar.

"How odd. My source was quite certain of it, but if you are sure.." Voldemort trailed off.

"I am, my lord. This man knows nothing of importance," I confirmed.

Voldemort watched me for a moment longer before finally saying, "Very well, then. If he is innocent, there is no sense in wasting pure blood. I will have Lucius return him back home. You may go."

I gave him a respectful nod and started back the way I came from, pausing as Voldemort spoke up once more. "And, Kathryn?"

"Yes, my lord?"

"Don't be late again. You won't be so lucky next time," he said. I nodded once more before making my way from the cell. The others were still standing near the entrance to the cellar, all looking up at me as I passed.  Atteberry looked a bit jittery as my gaze passed over him, and I suppressed the urge to grin. He had gotten brave and grabbed my ass once, something he never tried again after that evening. I was by no means a skilled fighter, but I did have quite a bit of dark magic at my disposal. He never stood a chance.

"There goes the teachers pet," Bellatrix hissed, glaring daggers at. We had gone through this so many times now that her snide comments didn't phase me in the slightest. I gave her a carefree smile as I passed by. My entire body was still buzzing with pure joy from what had just occurred. I was on cloud nine and nothing could bring me down. At least not until the guilt settled in, but I wasn't thinking of that now. All I cared about was the delicious sensation that was consuming me.

A/n: So, there's some bad Kathryn for y'all 😏 Hope y'all enjoyed it, and as always, thanks for reading!