Chapter 1: BOYS

Y/N POV

I wake up early in the morning to the sound of my baby brother crying. I get out of bed, noticing mom is passed out on the couch, a bottles of beer lying on the floor. I walk into Rico's room and pick him up, the sound of his cries deafining my ears. I make a bottle for him and put him in his chair. I hear the noice of footsteps coming into the small kitchen in our apartment, and see my mother, hungover. "Morning Mija", she whispers to me. She gives Rico a kiss, and then goes to get her uniform on for work. I sulk into Rico's room, grabbing todays outfit, and let him play while I get ready. My phone is blowing up with snapchat streaks from people I don't even like. I turn on Late Registration and take a shower. The bus shows up for Rico, and I send him on his way. Slipping on my vans, I walk out the door and see Evanie waiting for me in here car. "Hey gurl!", she yells. "Hi", I mutter. "Everything ok?", she asks. "Oh yeah, I'm just a little bit tired.", I lie. We stop quick at the starbucks, and get some coffee. I stare at her dashboard while she goes on and on about how cute her boyfriend is. We get to the school and she drops me off at the front. "See you later?", she says. I nod and wave goodbye to her as she goes to park her car. Evanie has been my friend since the first grade, and we are still as tight as a knot. I don't know what I would do without her, she's helped me thorugh all of my family troubles, and understands what I'm going through. I walk into the school and blend In with the crowd. I see a boy under the stairs vaping with his friends. I catch a glimpse of the boy's face, and I immediately lose myself in his presence. Today was the first day of school, and I am already in "love" with a boy. /I pinch myself and walk to my locker, which is in the senior section even though I am a junior. I hear footsteps approach as I get my books out of my locker. Someone opens the locker to the right of me and I look up. I gasp. It's him. "Hi!', he says. I don't know what to say but I mutter out a, "Hey", nervously. He says, "Oh, I'm Russell by the way, but you can call me Joba." "I'm Y/N." He smiles. "Y/N, such a pretty name!" I laugh. I am about to ask him what his first class is when a girl with braids and platform shoes throws herself onto him. He embraces her and my first reaction is to run, but my feet feel as if they are glued to the floor. "Oh, sorry", he says, "This is my girlfriend Carrie, Carrie, this is Y/N." She rolls her eyes at me and I force a wave and a smile. Joba hurries off to class, and I see Carrie staring at me. She says, "You better stay away from him, he's mine." I nod, and quickly grab my books and walk away, paranoid. I walk into my first period and take a seat in the back and put my pre calc book on the table. I tab my toes and wait to see the seiniors and juniors pile into the room. The bell rings and I sink lower in my chair. 5 minutes later, I hear a familiar voice saying "Sorry". Russell. I could recognize his voice for miles. I watch as he makes his way to the back of the room and takes a seat next to me. I stare at him until he turns around and looks at me. "Oh hey!", he says with a surprised smile. "Hi!", I smile back. He pulls out his books and I notice something. He has a juul in his hand. He hits it and I try to contain my giggiling. "Excuse me Y/N, is something wrong?", the teacher who's name I forget says. I shake my head and I look over at Russell. He laughs and passes his juul to the person behind him. "Here you go Matt", he says. The guy nods at him and I make eye contact with Russell. "You want to hit it? It's ok if you don't want too.", he whispers. I start to feel pressured and say, "S..S..Sure!", I whisper. His friend Matt hands it to me and I go to the bathroom. I pull out the small device and stare at it. I look at the stickers on it and then finally, put it in my mouth. I suck in and then cough a ton. The taste of mint accumaltes in my mouth and all of a sudden, someone walks in. Carrie. "HEY y/n, is that joba's juul?", she says. My head hurts like hell but I mutter out a quick yeah and try to get out of the bathroom. She stops me and pushes me to the ground. "He's. MINE!", she says as she stomps on my face. SHe continues to beat me as I lay on the ground defenseless. I clutch onto the juul as my eyes water and I get blurry vision. All of a sudden, everything goes black and I can only hear a ringing noise. And then, silence.