Prologue : Xue Qing

Start from the beginning

Zhang Momo was the one who taught her skills. She was given to Concubine Ning by General Lin, when she was still in her glory. She was a palace momo with many skills. She was ordered to teach Concubine Ning all if the etiquette and noble lady's art and skill. It was rare for Zhang Momo to like someone. Concubine Ning's honesty and gentleness made her became loyal and now she gave the loyalty to Lin Xue Qing. Without her, Lin Xue Qing would be left without skills to survive.

After reminiscing, Xiao Mei could only shake her head helplessly. At least, Young Miss still enjoyed her life. "Nubi understand. You look like Niang-niang. Too beautiful and it will create jealousy. But nubi still thinks that it's a waste. With this beautiful face, xiao jie can get a good marriage prospect."

Lin Xue Qing rolled her eyes. She never thought about her marriage. After all, it would be decided by Father and Madam – she would never call that evil thing as Mother. As a daughter, she had no say in her own marriage.

"At least, I get to live peacefully and everyone believe that I have no talent and beauty. Look! No one bother me, unlike fifth sister. With her look and talent, she is bullied by my other older sisters. She still ends up badly." Lin Xue Qing knew how scary jealousy was.

Her father had too many women in his life and it made him have a lot of children. The Di daughters - eldest sister and second sister - were beautiful, but they couldn't stand fifth sister. She was more beautiful and talented than them, in the end they framed fourth sister when they were actually the one who ruined fifth sister's hand. She could never play qujin again and became a waste. Fourth sister were sent to the nunnery because of it.

Of course, Father would believe his favorite Di daughters. Only third sister and her were still safe, because both of them weren't outstanding. They just hid in the corner and third sister was the only one who close to her and visited her numerous times.

She shook her head and tried to get rid of her family matters. At least, she was clever enough to pretend stupid and ugly, so no one paid her any mind.

They slowly went to the abandoned courtyard at the west side of the manor. No one lived there since Concubine Wang died there a few days ago. The Qing Xia courtyard was like cold palace, but that place had a hidden hole that only both of them knew. They found it by accident and the hole apparently was hidden behind the thick bushes and they closed it with a big stone. No one would get suspicious. They just needed to open the hole and put the big stone in place.

After successfully going out, Lin Xue Qing led Xiao Mei to the main street. The street was already crowded and there was no place for both of them. Lin Xue Qing and Xiao Mei were both not tall enough to watch from the back.

"Xiao Jie, we can't see anything. What should we do?"

"Wait, let me think of something." Lin Xue Qing looked around and tried to find a great spot. She found that from the second floor of The Hundred Delicacies Pavilion they could see the main street clearly from there.

"Come with me." Lin Xue Qing called Xiao Mei. However, when they went to the restaurant it was fully booked. Xiao Mei looked at her young miss helplessly, but she saw that xiao jie was still thinking of a way, so she waited quietly.

Suddenly, Lin Xue Qing grinned mischievously and Xiao Mei had a bad feeling. Sure enough! "Xiao Jie, are you sure? You are a noble lady and yet you want to climb this tree?" Xiao Mei looked at the tall tree beside The Hundred Delicacy Pavilion and scared of how tall it was. Yes, the view would be perfect, because it was right beside the place that they wanted to book. But still...

"Of course! Now, you help me go up there!" Lin Xue Qing answered lightly. "But how?" Lin Xue Qing nodded her head down to the ground and grinned widely.

"But..." Xiao Mei answered weakly. She knew that her young miss wanted her to become her foothold and she had to bow down. What else could she do? She bowed down and grumbled in her mind. She already became her foothold a few hundred times.

Lin Xue Qing grinned and quickly climbed on Xiao Mei's back. Xiao Mei felt her back was going to break and panting loudly. "Xiao jie... quick... quick... I can't hold any longer! You are too heavy."

Lin Xue Qing quickly held onto the lowest branch and climbed up, after jumped for a bit from Xiao Mei's back. At the same time after she jumped, Xiao Mei yelped omph and fell to the ground. After that she looked up and yelled softly, "Xiao Jie, be careful!"

Lin Xue Qing successfully climbed up with a messy skill and position, even Xiao Mei couldn't bear to look at her. Her young miss' posture looked so... ugly. After she got a comfortable position on top of the tree, it was time for her to wait for Qin Wang.

One minute. Two minutes. She wondered to herself, 'How long she should stay in this position?' She didn't know when Qin Wang would pass the street. Damn!