“So is that why you haven’t bothered to do an actual pull up?” He asked her. Lesley bit her lip for a moment, trying not to laugh herself.

“Yes.” She mumbled, and she felt his arm wrap around her legs.

“Then I suggest you let go of that bar, Lesley.” She laughed then.

“What if you drop me?” She asked him.

“I won’t.” He answered. Lesley glanced down at him, then let her fingers uncurl from around the bar. His arm tightened around her, then Lesley’s feet touched the floor. Max let her go again, then he straightened up. “Push ups. Do thirty of them right now.” He demanded. Lesley took a sharp intake of breath, then dropped to the ground into her first push up. She kept her eyes on the ground, watching get closer then further, closer then further. Every now and then Max’s feet would appear in front of her, then they would walk away to her side. Her arms felt like they were going to fall out of their sockets.

“When… can I… stop?” She asked through heavy breaths.

“Right…” Max began and she did two more push ups. “Now.” Lesley let her body fall to the floor. She turned on her back, looking up at him.

“You know, you look so much better from this angle.” She said with a tired laugh.

“I could say the same about you.” Max answered, walking so he was at her feet. He stuck his hand out, and Lesley sat up a bit, taking it. He pulled her up and against him, and Lesley made a “umph.” of surprise as his arm snaked around her waist. “Tired yet, Lesley?” He asked her in ahushed tone. His breath hit her face, smelling minty.

“Not even close.” She answered. Her voice shook a bit, and she could feel heat rising in her cheeks. Max smirked, and pulled her to a treadmill.

“In that case, I want you to sprint on this for as long as you can.” He said to her. Lesley gawked at him in shock.

“Sprint?” She repeated, and Max nodded.

“I believe that is what I said.” She gave him a soft glare, then got onto the treadmill. Max turned it, then put the speed at eight miles per hour. It moved slowly at first, then began to speed up until Lesley was at the desired sprint that Max wanted.

“How will I tell you when I can’t go anymore?” Lesley asked him. Max smiled.

“I’ll know when you can’t.” He told her, and then they were both quiet. Max stood with an observing posture, and Lesley’s heart beat hard against her chest as she ran. Max had his phone out, and he would glance at it occasionally. Lesley knew it couldn’t have been that long, but sweat covered her body already and her breath was coming out hard. Max was looking at her with a undetermined look, as if he couldn’t decide if she could keep going or if she should stop. He stood like that for a few more minutes, then finally he walked up to the treadmill, turning it off. It slowed to a stop, and Lesley stepped off, her legs feeling like Jello. She walked to Max, who was looking at her thoughtfully.

“Are you tired now?” He asked her. She didn’t respond, just stood, catching her breath.

“Screw you Max Herondale.” She said, hand he smiled at her. “I’m not tired yet.” She then said, although it was a lie. She was tired, and wanted to go to bed.

“Do twenty sit ups and 20 jumping jacks then.” He told her, putting his hands on his hips.

“Why don’t you do them?” She asked, getting down on the ground, doing the sit ups.

“Because I don’t need to.” He shot back. “I am ripped.” Max said. “See?” He pulled his shirt up then, and Lesley stared at him in awe.