Spin-Off Series - The Dragon Tournament

Greetings all my beautiful readers!

Some of you may have already noticed, but I have published another book into this series known as 'The Dragon Tournament'. It is not quite a sequel, but a spin-off book based years after the end of The Dragon's Heir. Please go ahead and read it! Here is a snippet of what is to come...

Warning: there is some mild language used. I managed to avoid using it in The Dragon's Heir, but since this book is based from the perspective of a low born male and not a high born female, it felt unrealistic to use formal, nice sounding words.

~

Snippet from 'The Dragon Tournament'

Casimir managed to dodge a blast of fire by the skin of his teeth, but his blade was now red hot at the tip. He looked up at the judge's podium, his eyes desperate.

"I told you already, I'm not Leopold Colburn of Tiona, I am Casimir Ivanov of Altair! Why won't you believe me?"

One of the elder men shook his head. Casimir knew he would have to be the oldest their because he had wrinkles on his wrinkles. "Now, now, there is no need to become such a wimp when threatened with an opponent who clearly overpowers you. Just do your best, Leopold."

"My name isn't Leopold!" Casimir said, jumping out of the way of a blast of fire once again.

"Yes, and my name isn't Christian," the ancient man said with an amused expression, looking at all the other elders, "and they aren't here to judge you. Just get on with it already and convince the dragon to stop attacking you!"

Casimir was getting red in the face from anger. Are they all god damn idiots or something? He thought to himself as he turned and faced the dragon. He had been forced to try and convince a fire dragon to stop attacking him. Wonderful first test. For most, all they would have to do is talk to the dragon through telepathy and it would stop, but he couldn't do that.

"Easy there, fire dragon..." He began to say, unsure how to go about convincing it. When it shot another fire ball at him, he decided crooning to it wasn't going to work. "Now, stop trying to atta-" He was cut off as he had to roll to the ground to avoid a blast. He jumped back up and pointed his sword at the dragon, ignoring the partially singed ends of his hair. "That was rude, I hadn't even finished speaking to you yet."

"Hurry up, would ya!" Casimir heard Leopold call from up on the side of the arena, chuckling as he watched his failed attempts. "We don't have all day, you know."

Casimir let out a frustrated sound. What was with all these people?

~

Of course, that will make a lot more sense when you get to that part of the book, but just a taste of what our main protagonist is like in this book, Casimir Ivanov. I decided to completely flip the perspective and go from a low life male who would like nothing better than to keep two feet firmly on the ground and never go higher than a horse can take him.

Yes, the ancient man named 'Christian' is Christian Tiona. He will be the only original character to appear in this book, along with his dragon Nadi. Harrison, Arabelle, Kaloua and the others have all passed on from old age, but Christian is still going strong. I didn't biasly favour my favourite character from The Dragon's Heir... not at all...

Please, go and check it out, and lend me your support like you did with this novel!

Belle xxx