Hurtful Memories & Faces

200years ago
Flash back
*****
I was walking back home after a girls evening with Rebekah, we had these nights often when we needed to let our hair down and escape the boys for awhile.

I got back home and was about to walk into mine and Niklaus' room when Elijah appeared in front of me. "Ah hello Elijah me and Beka thought we'd come back early as we're leaving tomorrow." I smiled warmly at the older Mikaelson. He seemed stressed about something, I decided to ignore it as he would've told me if it had anything to do with me, but as I went to walk past he blocked my way. "Aoife, I'm so sorry but I can't let you go to your room, at least not yet. Wait for Niklaus to come down." He definitely seemed off as he didn't keep eye contact and just started at the floor. "Oh Elijah I'll only be a minute, Nik won't even know I went in I just want to get changed." That seemed to piss him off. "Aoife I said you must wait for Niklaus to come down. You'll get hurt if you go up there now. Please I'm just trying to look out for you." "Elijah, I'm grateful that you're trying to look out for me. I truly am, but I can handle Nik, I'm sure whatever he's done can't be that bad..." and at that I vamp-sled up the stairs. But just before I got to the door I heard it.
The one and only thing I never ever wanted to hear. Niklaus with another woman. And at that moment I turned around about to leave the house, tears already streaming down my face when I saw Elijah giving me a sympathetic look. "Aoife I'm so sorry, but I can't bare it anymore, Niklaus doesn't treat you with respect so I'm sorry to do this." Elijah stepped forward resting his hands on my shoulder as he spoke, "Aoife, I want you to remember all the horrible things Niklaus has done to you, that you made me compel away." And in that moment every bad thing Nik ever did to me - all the emotions- everything came back all at once. That's when I broke. Elijah caught me before I fell to the floor. "Aoife, I think it best if you leave my brother whilst he's busy, me and Rebekah can grab you some things and keep Niklaus busy while you leave town, if you wish." "Thankyou Elijah, I don't know what I'd do with out any of you."
And with that I left... never turning back.

Present
********
I eventually returned to Mystic Falls. Feeling hungry and remembering where I said I'd meet Stefan I walked into The Grill. And that's when I saw him...the one person I never wanted to see again. Almost as quickly as I came in I left wanting to avoid him at all costs.
But as I rounded the corner, not paying my attention, I walked into a hard chest. My heart stopped at the thought of who it could be. But as soon as I heard the soft British accent of my long lost friend I instantly relaxed. "Aoife? After all these years you have not changed one bit." I sent him a soft smile. "Elijah, oh how I've missed you, and your family. Speaking of family I must be off as I don't feel like bumping into Nik any time soon." I began to walk away when I heard it. That amazing voice I'll never, ever get tired of hearing. "Elijah. I've been waiting for you, and who's this lovely lady you have with you?" I quickly looked down and turned around and as I looked up I saw his face fall. "Aoife?"

**********
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I'm so bad at this lol

**********