"Oh, and you know, one thing led to another, and he kissed me."

Cedric smiles at me softly, who knows if he called my bluff. "Was he a good kisser?"

I shot back quickly, "Do you want to kiss him, then?"

"He's all yours." Cedric laughed, both of us did, playfully. I found myself sighing back, looking into the rain. His hand naturally fell at the back of my bed, and he began to play with my hair softly. And the next thing I knew, I had drifted to sleep.

I awake to the sound of my name softly spoken into my ear and a light nudge. I am leaning into a guy, who is both comfortable and soft. I come to my senses and realise it's Cedric, getting up and immediately apologising.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to fall asleep on you!"

He chuckled, "It's fine, don't worry. I only woke you as we're nearly there, so you should get your robes on love."

"Shit!" I panicked, frantically getting up to grab all my stuff. However, I got up a bit too quickly and found myself falling straight back into Cedric, my vision going black briefly.

"Woah, easy there tiger," he said, stroking my arm. Before I was able to get myself up at a leisurely pace, I breathed a loud sigh before grabbing my stuff and rushing to the bathroom.

As soon as I return, Cedric is standing up as we have arrived at Hogsmeade, and as we step outside with a met with a hurling storm, the rain chucking down onto the Scottish pavement. The rain is pouring down, and we can do little to nothing to stop it, umbrellas breaking from the mighty wind, so they are no help. Before we can walk to the carriages, a group of boys approach us. They all do their brotherly hugs and handshakes and greetings before they ask him the real questions.

"Where were you then Ced? We saved a seat for you." one of them questioned.

"Sorry man," Cedric responded, "I know I said I'd sit with you, but I saw Elise, and we started chatting, and then we both ended up falling asleep for the journey!" he chuckled, his hand on my back, bringing me into the conversation. The boys glared at me; I guess I was the last person they thought would have stolen Cedric from them.

"Well," another one of them finally answers, "sit with us on the carriages - without her." and they all walk off, expecting Cedric to follow.

Cedric takes me to one side, leaning down and whispering to me. I always forget how tall he is, as he has to lean down. "If you have no one to sit with I can sit with you again, it's unfair if you're alone."

I feel his warm breath against me, and it's so easy to give in and say yes. But I can't be selfish. "Honestly, I'm fine," I smile, breaking eye contact and looking away, before facing back at him and nudging him away, "You go, have fun with your mates."

He gives me a thankful smile before jogging off into the rain to catch up with them.

Then, I hear a harsh voice from behind me. "You better give me some of the love potions you used on Diggory, Muggie," says Pansy Parkinson spitefully. She stands behind me, her arms crossed and eyes narrow, her pack of girls giggling behind her.

"Yeah when I use some on someone I'll be sure to pass it on, definitely would help you out a lot." I roll my eyes, attempting to walk by her, she blocks me.

"We all know you did, you filthy Mudblood loser, admit it." she sneers, angry for some reason. I never understand people like her.

I just roll my eyes again and push by her, walking to find a carriage until I hear a voice calling from behind me. "Elise! Elise!" I stop, turning around to spot a fourth-year Gryffindor run up to me. Her smile and kindness smile through her dampened bushy hair, she gives me a reassuring look. "Ignore pansy, she's like that with everyone."

I chuckle, "I would know. But thanks." I smile, appreciating her kindness that came from almost nowhere. "Hermione Granger, right?"

"That would be me, Elise." she smiles, she's not like the others, and it's refreshing. I guess she understood.

"Look, if you're sitting alone, you can always join us?" she offers, and I smile back at the option.

"If you don't mind..." she smiles eagerly, grabbing my hand and pulling me to her carriage. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley are already sitting down.

Ron scowls, "Why did you get her?"

Hermione coughs loudly, "I thought it would be nice, we haven't spoken since she stood up for me a few years ago."

"You remember that?" I smile, briefly recalling how I stood up for her when she was being harassed for being a muggle-born.

"Of course I do." Hermione beams, "Elise wasn't sitting with anyone, so I thought I'd return the favour and let her sit with us." Hermione urges to Ron.

"Maybe because nobody asked her." Ron spits back, opening his copy of 'Quidditch through the ages' to try and end the conversation.

"Well somebody did, but I said no."

Ron murmured, "Who? Loony Lovegood?"

I noticed Hermione kick Ron. "No, actually my friend Cedric asked me."

Ron chuckled, "Cedric Diggory? Yeah, right."

The boy was driving me insane; for some reason, he disliked me. Then again, it was easy for most people to hate me after the rumours Alissa had spread, almost like following a fashion trend.

The rest of the carriage became awkward and unnerving, and I got off as soon as we arrived at Hogwarts.

I found myself spotting an area in the sky that was magic, even in a magical world. The clouds had temporarily parted to cause one bit where the stars still shone through. Brightly, gleaming down onto me. For a while, I just stood to stare up, en-captured by this sight.

"What are you looking at?" I feel a damp hand placed on my shoulder, and I turn around just to have to look up again, right into the grey eyes of Cedric Diggory.

I look straight back up again at the spot in the sky, "Look, isn't it beautiful?" I look at Cedric while he looks up, his face instantly becoming enamoured with the sight above him. After a while of both of us staring, we fall back into our eye contact.

I feel him edging closer; I begin to feel his soft breath caress my face. "You know how you said the rain was underrated earlier."

"Yeah." I nod.

"Well I think you're underrated, too." and like that he swooped in, pressing his lips onto mine, with such delicacy and care he engulfed me. Yet I pull away, finding myself quivering for some reason. Almost afraid of him, of this whole thing.

"I lied." is all I can mutter, before running away into the castle.