ii

"Look who it is Diggory!" one of the lads called out as I walked through the common room, trying to make my way to my dormitory without any hassle. It was later the day when I had spotted Cedric and Alissa, and I at the moment I just felt sick of it all.

Truthfully, the Alissa and Cedric thing just felt like a wound bleeding out. Cedric nor I had said anything, but the fact Alissa's tongue was down his throat just felt like it was his shot. Out of all people he could have made out, it was her, and it felt like a massive middle finger up to me.

Not like I cared that much, but it was the first person move made against me. And it was almost a confirmation of a rivalry - which I didn't have time for.

But here I was being called out by his friends yet again, and it was a tired saturday night with only one week left of school. So I let inner tiredness get to me, calling out "just leave me the fuck alone, okay?" before almost running into my dorm, which was thankfully empty, and crying on my bed.

The tears were truthfully a reaction to the past repeating itself, some kind of mild ptsd that occurred around a revisit to that feeling of being bullied, being picked on, being left out. Feeling heavy with a head stuffed of tears and weights, wishing I had my adopted mother here for comfort, but it's not the same, she adopts all the abandoned witches and wizards - I was far from special.

So, with my mind spinning and twirling I found myself pointing the blame on Cedric. It was so easy to do, and around half nine I left to go out on a walk, wishing to see the summer sunset over the lake and hoping the fresh air would ease my mind. The group was still in the common room when I walked out, yet Cedric? Nowhere to be seen.

Danger and all, I found myself drawn to the forest. They said sirius black was around, they said we weren't allowed to walk around the grounds. Yet, we weren't allowed around this late with black or without, but I knew how to get out of the school and there I was. Almost running towards the forest. The deep, dark trees and the danger that lurked within them.

I felt comfortable with the adrenaline, as it was an old friend in my system. My body relished it's a presence so I furthered into the forest. I wondered until I was lost in something that now brought me the same fear it did before. The trees now towered, even more, the green was now harsher and the full moon brought an element of worry. I lacked a chill but still held myself together and shivered, looking around, almost in tears again. I felt fragile, I felt like glass.

Until I heard another voice. I called out, anxiously, "Hello?"

The voice cried back, and I began to follow its trail until I ran back into someone tall. The last person I would have thought to see would have been a red-eyed Cedric Diggory. Right now I didn't even care who it was, I just clung onto them tightly, they did the same.

Because I could see something that could have explained his tears, as we were approached by a looming figure, which was the delicate frame of an insane Professor Trelawney, who had just come out of a prophecy she was now to repeat to us.

"You!" she pointed at me, I winced and cried into Cedric. She was terrifying, an aging old woman with her googly eyes. Her dress was torn, her hair was intertwined with twigs and leaves. Her face muddy and her hands dusty. She looked like a bewitched scarecrow stumbling towards us.

Then she pointed at Cedric and shouted the same thing, I felt him shiver as he held onto me. "You two, yes," she nodded now, in an eerie way, "You two must fall in love, you were destined to fall in love. Bad things happen when you don't, very bad things."

"What?" we both stared in disbelief, was the woman out of her mind?

"Yes! The tournament is approaching, the cup is approaching. The spare will be killed if the love is not requited! The spare will be killed!" and like that, she fell to the ground, her frail body crashing to the ground.