Chapter One: A Hero Formed Among War

"Check mate old man." The orange trio tailed kitsune fox held a sword to the royal guard leaders throat proving he won the duel. The foxes jet black hair styled so perfect was slightly blowing in the wind. He sheathed his sword and helped the man he'd been fighting up. "Thy raised a great swordsman. Make thy proud as you walk to King Sanctum and tell thou of this feat. As for I will always be proud of you, my son, Francis." Francis hugged his father with a few tears in his eyes. "Tianna would be proud of thou." Francis' father said. "Mother would surely think it foolish too." Francis said only half jokingly. The two men shared a hearty laugh before Francis mounted his horse. "When thou see me once more I will no longer hold the title merchant. I henceforth will be a noble kinsman of the Anarchian knights." Francis rode off toward the village across the icy field. Mention of Tianna, his mother, brought him a sense of hurt but he pushed through. He was stopped at the village gate by two guards. "State thou business in the icy ville that is the Anarchian kingdom foot village." The guard to Francis' right said. "Good morn fellow brothers in arms. Thy father, your captain, has sent thou to speak with our fair Lord." The second guard to the left chimed in. "State thy name." He spoke with a booming voice compared to his squeaky voice comrade. "Francis Hearld Fox, son of Tianna Eleanor Fox and Bramo Geoffrey Fox. Thy wishes access to be welcomed to the home of the Anarchian knights as a young squire." The booming voiced guard nods to his partner and he opens the gates. "Any trouble in the village and thy will be slain on the guillotine stone." Francis nodded at the remark and entered the village on his horse. As he saw a few merchants he worked for a few years ago he stopped to say a few greetings. As he was talking to one of the old ladies he worked for a hooded figure jumped out of the alley and shot Francis' horse dead then made a run for it. "Hey, arrêtez cet escroc!" Francis yelled in French before pulling his sword chasing down the man who killed his horse. The man in the hood jumped from wall to wall until he was running the roof tops. Francis growled and ran the path  climbing a ladder up and chasing him on the roof tops. "Thy are a dead man when I catch thou!" Francis said gaining up on the bandit. The bandit growled under his hood and jumped turning and pointing his bow at Francis who ran and jumped at the hooded bandit with his sword ready to stab. Francis saw a bright pair of green eyes look him in his very own when in the air. As the arrow shot at Francis the citizens all gasped in horror. Francis saw it but everything slowed around him the arrow slowed halfway between them. Francis in a confusion stabbed the arrow at the point and everything returned to normal ad the arrow split in two and he landed on the bandit holding his blade to the throat of the man. A few guards grabbed him off the bandit two guards took the bandit in shackles to the dungeon in the castle. The other guards took Francis by his arms to the castle. "Hey! Let me go!" Francis yelled struggling to get away. "The king wishes to speak with thou." One guard told him. "Thy can walk oneself." The guards let go at Francis' statement. Francis picked up his sword and went to the castle. Once at the gate he opened the door and up to the throne wear he knelt on his knee and bowed his head. "Rise and quit ones formality." The king stated and Francis did as such. "Thou has proven oneself quite worthy." The black hedgehog king said his orange stripes shining as bright as his red chest plate. "Worth is not proven stopping a common crook, your lordship." Francis said to the king slightly questioningly. "Thou does not know his potential. Come let thou show you your destiny." The king had Francis follow him into his private weapons chamber. "Look amongst the blades pick with thy heart and not with thy eyes." Francis was surprised but entered further and wasn't pleased by the blades he couldn't find any pleasure with them. He was about to give up when he saw a dusty purple tapestry on a table. He opened the fabric and saw the sword and he felt a strong pull to hold it. As he picked it up and unsheathed it. He gave it a great slash and Sanctum's jaw dropped then he composed himself and walked over. "I see the sword chose you." As he said this a guard burst in. "Sir! Sir! Warriors approaching with weapons and catapults!" Francis' eyes widened in shock before he ran out and to the castle door.