Chapter 28

I could barely pay attention to what was happening around me as I erupted into screams of frustration and desperation. I pushed back against the balcony rails, sinking further and further down onto the floor. It had been ten minutes since the rage of fire had scandalised my body, yet no matter how much I screamed Dale was nowhere to be seen.

“Move back” Kai’s voice drifted into my ears as he once again saved me from the lust driven advances of unmated males.

 My scent seemed to have drifted into the depths of the castle and dragged with it those who wished to rid me of my heat. I dragged myself to the corner as another man appeared, he rushed into the balcony crashing into another male who had appeared only moments before him. His eyes showed the instinctive yellow eyes of his wolf and as he looked at me, I could see the instinctual drive that possessed him to find me an attempt to get me pregnant.

My muscles shook violently as I tried to hold back another throat wrenching scream. Kai grabbed the two men before him and smashes their heads into one another, as he let go they both stumbled backwards and crashed onto the floor in a pile with the eight other unconscious men.

He looked back at me his whole body tense as if he too was trying to hold himself back. I watched as his eyes flashed and as they did I could see Avaro staring back at me trying to take control over Kai, so that he too could give in to his instincts. One by one Kai’s muscles locked into place shaking rigidly as he pushed back his wolf.

He ripped his eyes away from mine and closed them, taking in deep breaths. Helplessly I leant back against the rails even further, my body felt as though it would burst any minute now. I sent a silent prayer upwards for Dale to arrive soon, I wasn’t sure how long Kai would be able fight off the others or for how long he would suppress Alvaro. I closed my eyes, hot tears slipping from under my lids and scalding my cheeks. A loud growl sounded through the air suddenly, causing my eyes to shoot open in fear. Before me Avaro stood, his eyes aflame as he roared. His cry made me shudder, passing through my body and into the surrounding area.

My head bowed immediately and I realised it was an Alpha call, he was commanding Dale to come before him. It felt as though an eternity had passed before another male entered the entrance of the balcony. Avaro turned with a warning grumble but then relaxed moving away from me with rigid steps. The man was drenched with sweat his black hair sticking against his tanned skin, his eyes held that blue grey showing the balance between himself and his wolf. His eyes travelled to Avaro with what seemed like a mixture of confusion and relief.

As one last forced scream left me Dale ran to me, as his arms went to my body I felt relief of my own flood through me. Cool patches remained wherever he touched me, as he lifted his lips to meet mine a wash of coolness froze the fire in its path. My arms held on desperately to him as I drew him closer and closer. Dale gently moved me away from him, pushing away from my helpless advances as I tirelessly pulled him to me.

“Izarra” he pleaded as attempted to take his shirt

He ran his arms up and down my back and as I got cooler and cooler it occurred to me that we were on a balcony and we had an audience. Dale lifted me up to his chest, as he silently thanked his brother. I couldn’t bring myself to look at Kai as he crouched in his naked form, at the entrance. Slightly ashamed I leant into Dale’s chest, allowing his body to flood mine with a cold that I could not receive anywhere else.